Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    any way to increase the very low ringer volume(registry hack)
    i know where the volume buttons are
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    yo can but then the speaker starts to distort because it only to maximum or normal nothing in between... what I would recommended is edit your ringer so it louder.... easy to do just do a gain of about 15% and see if that wrks if not keep playing with the gain levels
    how do you do this? If possible, I would need step by step instructions.

Thanks a million!
    Same here, I can't hear hardly anything.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/04/2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Language
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It won't matter. You can take one ringer that's LOUD as an sms alert, and the same thing is quiet as a Known caller ringer. I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    It won't matter. You can take one ringer that's LOUD as an sms alert, and the same thing is quiet as a Known caller ringer. I don't get it.

i know right!
    i wish the sms alert ringer could sound loud like on my treo 700!
    I have been playing with two ringers, 1 wav, 1 mp3. I had the mp3 on my Centro as the sms ringer and I could hear it across the street. As the 800 sms ringer, I can barely hear it across the sofa. I tried the wav file as the sms ringer and it is super loud on the 800, so I tried it as the known caller ringer...can barely hear it.

I'd at least like a little consistency!!
    This thread has instructions and various programs for recording mp3 and increasing the volume of ringtones.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168284
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Quote Originally Posted by doll View Post
    i know right!
    i wish the sms alert ringer could sound loud like on my treo 700!
    +1 i moved all my mp3 ringers over to the 800 and i cant hardly hear them yet on the 700 they would be so dang loud they would get annoying almost
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    It seems like if I play the ringer tone in the manage sounds window, it is louder and maybe clearer than when the phone rings and that's without adjusting the volume. Almost the phone is processing the ring tone in some way.
    And you can play the same tone in WMP and get 10 times the volume than in any of the notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    It seems like if I play the ringer tone in the manage sounds window, it is louder and maybe clearer than when the phone rings and that's without adjusting the volume. Almost the phone is processing the ring tone in some way.
    yup, i can play mine in the manage sounds and the volume can be in the middle and its loud enough that i can put it in my pocket and hear it. yet when phone rings even with the volume all the way up i rarely hear it, only way i even know its ringing is cuz its on vibrate too.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    That's another thing - one little buzz? Or is it two? It's so weak, it's hard to even tell.
    Would it be possible to increase the volume of the ringer by editing the AudioSettings.pm file that Hannip references in this post?

http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...7&postcount=55

I took a look through the file and was able to find a "ringtone gain section" between lines 2427 and 2591, but have no idea how to modify these values, or if this even applies to the normal phone speaker like I think it does.

I love my 800w, but the fact that I can't hear it ringing drives me insane
    Try it and report back.

I am in no way responsible if you brick your phone :P.

No, I'm kidding. Maybe if you PM hannip, he might be able to tell you how to change the values. If you guys can figure this out, I'm sure it would be helpful to a lot of people (including me...when I finally get the phone).
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    this is bugging the sh*t out of me too. if you preview the sounds in the sounds/notifications section, they are loud, sound great. but when the phone actually rings or i get a SMS (with the ringer on MAX) the volume is WAY softer than the 'preview' volume

what is going on here?!?!??!?

Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I started a new thread dedicated to figuring out the details of the AudioSetting.pm file.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168595
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    There are some registry setting that do work... you can see info here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=16
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    this is bugging the sh*t out of me too. if you preview the sounds in the sounds/notifications section, they are loud, sound great. but when the phone actually rings or i get a SMS (with the ringer on MAX) the volume is WAY softer than the 'preview' volume

what is going on here?!?!??!?
    maybe it has something to do with the voice command be on and set to announce caller, appointments, etc.. when its on the ringer goes almost silent so you can hear the announcement. I turned mine off.
    I DL'd the Diamonds ringtones and I have a few that sound pretty good.

just a thought.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    my 'voice command' has always been off.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast