Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    ...clip... However I am getting so annoyed planning my day around the 800. At the Doctors office today O wanted to browse the web while I waited. I didn't have my truck which means no charger (my safety net). So instead I had to read about Brittney and KFed in some cheezey tabloid magazine. DAMN YOU PALM!
    New Treo 800 LOADED!
    Wifi, Gps, 3G, Multi-Tasking and More!

Disclaimer:
    Phone Needs Power Source.
    Just call me Berd.
    You read about Brittney - gosh, you are either sick or desperate or both. I would rather chew my nails!
    This was after I chewed my nails. I really wanted to surf the web. But nope not allowed.
    You couldn't pay me to go back to using the Mogul. At first I thought the slider was cool but after two weeks I got so annoyed sliding it open waiting a few seconds for it to change to landscape sliding it closed waiting a few more seconds, memory issues, having to use two hands all the time. I couldn't even stand to look at the Mogul because it reminded me of a Star Trek phone or something. lol I don't remember the Mogul's battery charging as quick as the 800w battery so I guess that's one good thing. The 800w battery life is not the greatest but I understand that might be a issue before I even bought it. Considering the size of the 800w battery, the features and WM I'm surprised the battery is decent well at least for "me".
    I can't go back to the Mogul either. Its on Ebay. Although the battery was great Im just not a fan of the slider keyboard. Hence the reason why I like the 700wx, Q9C and the 800. The 800 would be my all time favorite phone ever if it could last the entire day on a charge. I hate planning my day around this phone. In many situations if I have time to kill I play with the phone. However now I find myself having restraint and not bothering with it due to worrying about juice. If I am in someone elses car I feel trapped because I don't have a car charger with me. If I take the car charger with me Im worried I will leave it behind and not have it at all. Its a scarey feeling playing all these scenarios during the day.
    ^ Dam I thought I was crazy. lol Don't you have two batteries? Just keep one with you, it's not like there big. hehe I know it might be a pain keeping them charged but there will probably be accessories coming out anytime.
    No I don't have an extra battery. Sprint swapped mine out. I would not carry one with me either. Plus this is a $600 phone so I shouldn't have to. Other phones for less can make it through a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    No I don't have an extra battery. Sprint swapped mine out. I would not carry one with me either. Plus this is a $600 phone so I shouldn't have to. Other phones for less can make it through a day.
    Well to me if I was in your situation it would make since to carry a extra small battery around instead of a charger. So are you going to get extended battery for the 800w when they come out? If not then I don't see why you just don't return the 800w and get a phone that will make it through the day. I saw a brand new Q9c selling the other day on Craigslist for $150. I was going to get it but I don't need another one.
  9.    #49  
    So I finally got my Treo 800 yesterday, and it is a lot faster compared to the Mogul. Plenty of memory. Opera 9.5 finally works without memory errors (well duh!). Screen is totally readable under direct sunlight compared to Mogul. Camera is way better.

Now the part I didn't like which I didn't think would bother me. The screen is too small for me now. I tried watching a movie on it and although it's a lot smoother, it feels like my eyes are struggling to focus. Nows here's the other kicker. I'm not used to the keyboard anymore. I was spoiled by Touchpal and can actually type faster one hand on it compared to the Treo. There's not a lot of finger movement required and it just requires a tap on the screen. On the Treo I have to make sure it clicks. Also when I want to retype a few words, I either have to highlight those words or hit the backspace per letter or hold it down longer. Touchpal, 1 backspace swipe per word. Unfortunately touchpal doesnt work with the Treo. I'm a texter so this kinda sucks for me. Am I going through withdrawals here?? lol. Now I'm not so sure I'm happy I made the switch.
  10.    #50  
    I forgot to also mention how much more harder it is to reset the device when it locks up. I was installing some of the software from my Mogul and the ones that didn't work correctly locked up the phone. So the only option is to take the battery out and the dang battery cover isnt easy to take off either. This is a no no specially if I'm driving and for some reason locks up on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    I forgot to also mention how much more harder it is to reset the device when it locks up. I was installing some of the software from my Mogul and the ones that didn't work correctly locked up the phone. So the only option is to take the battery out and the dang battery cover isnt easy to take off either. This is a no no specially if I'm driving and for some reason locks up on me.
    remove battery and put it back in = reset button.

i dont get the lack of a reset button, but i guess once the cover is off, it really isnt that hard. actually probably easier to do when driving than getting the stylus and poking the hole...
    The case becomes easier to remove with play time. As for the extended battery, that is my next purchase for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The case becomes easier to remove with play time. As for the extended battery, that is my next purchase for it.
    actually this is true (just like the centro). the first reset you do, you get mad thinking it will be that difficult every time....after a few days...i mean a few resets...it comes off easily but still stays in place when it is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    Well to me if I was in your situation it would make since to carry a extra small battery around instead of a charger. So are you going to get extended battery for the 800w when they come out? If not then I don't see why you just don't return the 800w and get a phone that will make it through the day. I saw a brand new Q9c selling the other day on Craigslist for $150. I was going to get it but I don't need another one.
    I am getting the extended battery for sure. Seido said ir should be out next week. I like the size of this phone but it must be sacrificed for the extra juice.
  15.    #55  
    So after a few days of playing (maybe not enough time to justify) I've decided the Mogul is the better phone for my everyday use. I've just gotten too used to it and ironically now I find it easier to use. The upgrade or in my case side grade doesn't justify the cost of the Treo along with buying additional car charger, extra battery, etc that comes along with buying a new device. Which I wouldn't have minded if I had fallen inlove with the Treo. The Treo is an excellent device don't get me wrong, and I'm glad I got to try it. Just not for me. Thanks again for all your input and opinion.
  16. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I don't see how you're not making it through the day... I play with my phone a lot. Unless theirs some extended GPS use, I make it through the day.
    I have GPS turned off completely, brightness on full, pushmail and that's about it and I do not make it through a day. I am a heavy user. I use this device non-stop. By 3pm I put it on the charger. Actually today I charged it again at 5.30 because I had to do a bunch of emails.
  18.    #58  
    Just out of curiosity with those who use skyfire browswer. I know on the Mogul the videos are choppy for example if you go to www.movies.yahoo.com and try to watch a trailer. How is Skyfire on the 800?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123