Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone find a good Java VM for the Treo 800w? I've tried both the IBM and Midlet VMs, but they do not support the 320x320 resolution of the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by alphad View Post
    Anyone find a good Java VM for the Treo 800w? I've tried both the IBM and Midlet VMs, but they do not support the 320x320 resolution of the Treo.
    Folks seem to be using Jbed with no complaints.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    where can we get jbed
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Folks seem to be using Jbed with no complaints.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...21&postcount=8

Don't use my original link. It seems to screw things up.
    Last edited by samadam; 08/09/2008 at 09:55 AM.
    Thanks, Sam!
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    so with this...can we run gmail on wm?
    So I downloaded this and installed it on my 800w and, voila, no dice!! It won't execute from the Programs folder and I can't find where it got installed.

Has anyone else had issues with this?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Try otainstall.com password blahblah and search for java, install the esmertec cab and voila. I am running Opera Mini and the Gmail app from it among other stuff.
    Device history:
    Pilot 5000>Palm 2MB upgrade to Palm III>Palm V>Clie PEG-TJ35>Treo 600>HP4155>Treo 650>700p>Apache>700p>755p>Apache>Mogul>Touch>BB Pearl>Curve>800W+Instinct
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyPR View Post
    Try otainstall.com password blahblah and search for java, install the esmertec cab and voila. I am running Opera Mini and the Gmail app from it among other stuff.
    That did it, thanks!!
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    where can we get jbed
    is jbed free? I thought I saw the same on Handango, but they were charging $50.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    That did it, thanks!!
    Are you having any resolution trouble with the GMAIL app and this Java VM? The menus in Gmail seem to be cut off on my phone.
    I've not tried either of those apps. In fact, I've not tried any Java apps yet...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I'm using the JRebeiro esmertec Jbed build with OM 4.1 with not problems at all. Amazing how fast things load on the 800w...

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by alphad View Post
    Are you having any resolution trouble with the GMAIL app and this Java VM? The menus in Gmail seem to be cut off on my phone.
    i think maybe they updated it or something, because I am no longer having problems with it where I was before, and I must have reinstalled it at some point. That may be it. Try updating gmail.

also, that file I linked to works perfectly on mine, so maybe I got lucky.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Is there any way to make a shortcut for Opera mini? I see it under the Java program, but it would be nice to NOT have to load the java program, then launch Opera.

Any suggestions, or what you have done?
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    Is there any way to make a shortcut for Opera mini? I see it under the Java program, but it would be nice to NOT have to load the java program, then launch Opera.

Any suggestions, or what you have done?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=360305

I put mine in /Windows/Start Menu/
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    I know many people don't care, but I would...Has anyone been able to get the Sprint Music Store to work inside Java? I know there are music store cabs out there, this would be very interesting to know.
    -Parrott84

The Treo 700wx was a great device. Especially for one handed use, but it would be hard to give up my Mogul now.

myChristianConnection.org
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    Thanks! This is great.
    My GMAIL is cut off as well. DL'd the latest jar from Google itself. Actually softkeys themselves don't work properly on all screens. I am very disappointed in that... loved using the Java version over WEB based. Just cleaner and HTML tends to get tedious with having to wait, click, wait, click...
    Just curious, why do you all want to use the gmail app so badly when all you have to do is configure as an account using imap or pop in messaging?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast