Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I don't have a windows desktop, I only use a mac. I downloaded a program called Syncmate and the mac can see it - I can click on the Treo icon on my mac and see some of the contents, but that seems to be all I can do.

All I am trying to do is back up my contact list. that's it. Any suggestions?
    I've heard mention of an app called MissingSync. I don't know anything about it but you may want to look into it.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I second the MissingSync recommendation. I used it with my Touch and I'm using it now with my 800w.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I'll third that one. MissingSync is very nice.
    There is a free solution called Syncmate. You have to install a driver on your phone however to get it to work.

http://mac.eltima.com/sync-mac.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    There is a free solution called Syncmate. You have to install a driver on your phone however to get it to work.

http://mac.eltima.com/sync-mac.html
    Syncmate is what the OP is using currently...

I dunno if the driver is installed, though.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    All mac solutions require a program running on your phone to sync. It only has to run when syncing though. I have tried Missing Sync and Syncmate, and while syncmate is free, it kept giving me errors on my phone and didn't work. Missing Sync did work.
    I only needed one sync to transfer contacts from my old phone to the new one, so I just used the missing sync trial and uninstalled it.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yeah, I tried Syncmate, but it didn't work right.

Missing Sync sounds good, but seems kind of ridiculous to spend $40 just to back up my contacts.

I couldn't find the free trial either that one of the above posters mentioned.
    I had a really tough time getting the Mac to detect the 800w but once it did, it pushed that driver down from Syncmate. If you run the Syncmate program, you can click on connect and then sync. Free one seems to work for Contacts and iCal.

I decided to stick with syncing to a PC as it was easier.
    i'll sell you my missing sync license for $15. I recently sold my macbook, so I have no use for it. shoot me a pm if you're interested.