1.    #1  
    In the ##DIAG Menu theres 3 options, Normal, Diag Passthru, and Diag + Data passthru, but when its on the 3rd option its asking for a driver thats just named "Treo".. anyone happen to know what the driver its asking for is? Trying to flash to cricket, i have the msl from the store, the guy left it on the screen while he was programming my phone and i wrote it down

Heres the hardware id of one of the 3 devices it tries to install:
    USB\VID_0830&PID_00A2&REV_0000&MI_00
    USB\VID_0830&PID_00A2&MI_00
    You need the modem driver for it.

Unfortunatly the 650's modem driver (which works with the 700wx and supposedly with the 750) does not work with the 800w.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You need the modem driver for it.

Unfortunatly the 650's modem driver (which works with the 700wx and supposedly with the 750) does not work with the 800w.
    Anyone have a copy of this driver for the 800w?
    Not until Palm releases it.....
    Treo 800w = CDMA by Qualcomm = Same 'ol QC passthru driver

The driver (.sys) file is the same, it is the .inf file that must be updated for the 800w.

Fortunately the .inf is just a text file, and you can edit it to support the 800w passthru mode. The 'details' tab in Device Manager has the USB ID string, which you will have to add into the .inf file using Notepad. Well, you don't add it, you replace.

It is easy, because you don't need to worry about the entire USB ID string, you only need to worry about the PID and VID. (ProductID and VendorID)

Your .inf file:
    USB\VID_0224&PID_0055\blahblahblahblahsupwhateverboobies

Your 800w in passthru, as seen by device manager on the details tab:
    USB\VID_0830&PID_00A2\blahblahblahwhosurdaddy

Now just use notepad to open up the 2 .inf files, and pick a device to be replaced. You should only be doing one replacement, and most .inf files have support for dozens of different PIDs. Just pick a unique VID/PID combo. For this example, we picked:
    USB\VID_0224&PID_0055\blahblahblahblahsupwhateverboobies

simplified:
    VID_0224 PID_0055

Replace it with:
    VID_0830 PID_00A2

Don't delete/add/touch *anything* else. The line should remain unchanged, except for the VID and the PID #s.

Oh yeah, with the Treo 800w, you do have to add something, that normally is not needed. It uses the 02 device, not 01, for diag. You'll see what I mean when you get to the diag .inf. The modem .inf uses the same PID/VID, and has _00. The diag .inf has the same PID/VID, and has _01. The diag port of the 800w, instead of using _01, uses _02. You can just put _02 into your diag .inf.

When I did this, I added a whole new line for the _02, since I expected it to be an NMEA GPS diag port, which is pretty common for GSM devices. Well, it wasn't an NMEA GPS port, it just the good 'ol diag port...

This is probably confusing to those that don't already know how to do this. Just remember, you probably already have all the files you need. The .inf and .sys files always begin with qc_____.sys, qc_____.inf.

Nervous? Don't be. It's just a .txt file, and it is *100% impossible under any known circumstance* to brick your device or your computer by modifying .inf files. If it installs without errors, it will work. If you get an error, uninstall that device, edit the .inf, and try again.

Sorry if this post is much too long, without a polished solution to download, but I'm gonna stop now and submit...
    And you don't really need the modem driver, you need the diag (serial) driver. They always travel together, but nonetheless, the qcusbser.sys is where it's at....
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I tried your instructions to modify the two .inf files... but to no avail.... Is it possible that you could post your modified .inf files for me... or pm me with a link to them. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    bump....
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i been tryin to find these too.... tried these directions plus a few of my own with no luck
    Here are my custom driver files for the Treo 800w. They also work for all of the Palm Pre and Palm Centro's diag modes. And also the HTC Touch, since I had one in front of me at the time.

DIAG Drivers for: Palm Treo 800w / Palm Pre / Palm Centro / HTC Vogue
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    rapidshare.com/files/249167960/PreCentroTreo800w_DiagDrivers.rar

The archive file contains these files, which you can keep anywhere, but you have to keep them together:

qcmdm.inf
    qcser.inf
    qcusb.inf
    qcusbmdm.sys
    qcusbser.sys

Enjoy!
    -Beezlewaxin
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by beezlewaxin; 07/07/2009 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Updated drivers to include Palm Pre diag support
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    driver work fine, many thank beez
    have been tried with many tools and scan memory with unicdma only address ox01000000 can be read, but still no luck for getting spc.
    Could someone give a lil clue for finding spc?
    I posted the memory address for the spc here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...46&postcount=9
    Quote Originally Posted by beezlewaxin View Post
    Here are my custom driver files for the Treo 800w. They also work for all of the Centro's diag modes. And also the HTC Touch, since I had one in front of me at the time.

DIAG Drivers for: Palm Treo 800w / Palm Centro / HTC Vogue
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    MassMirror.com - Download CentroTreo800w_DiagDrivers.rar

The .zip file contains these files, which you can keep anywhere, but you have to keep them together:

qcmdm.inf
    qcser.inf
    qcusb.inf
    qcusbmdm.sys
    qcusbser.sys

Enjoy!
    -Beezlewaxin
    Is there anyway to get these drivers in 64bit? thank you either way
    I don't have a 64bit system (I find having two 32-bit systems is better for multi-tasking ), nor any experience with one.

If you can send me working 64bit drivers for something similar, like an HTC phone, I could modify them to work with the 800w.

I have already tried to find example 64-bit virtual serial port usb drivers (which is what they are), but I couldn't find any. I found lots of 64-bit drivers, but just nothing similar enough to usb modem/serialport drivers to be a good starting point.

Also, any tips on signing them, or any other 64-bit stuff I might need to know, would be helpful...

Thanks

-beezl

(please send example 64-bit drivers to beezlewaxin@gmail.com)
    beezlewaxin,

Here are some links to pages that give a little insight on 64 bit drivers and what it takes to get them to work.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941200

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/drvsign/kmcs_walkthrough.mspx

http://nil-techno.blogspot.com/2008/08/installing-unsigned-drivers-on-vista-64.html

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33920573

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/WDK/WDKpkg.mspx

If you need any other information from me or anything else let me know. And obviously if you make any progress I am definitely willing to test. Thanks for your help
    Just FYI for everyone... I just reinstalled these drivers onto my laptop which is now running Windows 7 beta 32 bit. No issues so far.o
    This isn't related to the 800w, but just fyi I updated my previous post to include my updated driver files, which also work on the Palm Pre, while it is in diagnostic mode. (while root# mpt 0d)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beezlewaxin View Post
    This isn't related to the 800w, but just fyi I updated my previous post to include my updated driver files, which also work on the Palm Pre, while it is in diagnostic mode. (while root# mpt 0d)
    which one do I use for the palm pre, because two of the 3 devices that appear that are installing just one installs and the rest don't. So I try installing manually and when I click the files you gave a lot of drives appear and I don't know which to click.
    Quote Originally Posted by joemagma View Post
    which one do I use for the palm pre, because two of the 3 devices that appear that are installing just one installs and the rest don't. So I try installing manually and when I click the files you gave a lot of drives appear and I don't know which to click.
    Hi joemagma, I am struggling through this like you and just got it to work with the qcusb driver.