1.    #1  
    I am having a devil of a time getting my 800w to send SMTP mail with my Smartmail 5.1 server. For the record, my POP connection authenticates with this server, and I CAN receive mail, but my "sends" from the 800w fail every time.

Assuming that Sprint does not block port 25 to SMTP servers other than their own (and anyone, please let me know if my assumption is wrong), I was wondering if anyone knows of a diagnostic tool for Windows Mobile that might help me track down where (and why) this error is occurring.

Any and all help will be appreciated...I have already killed several hours with this problem.

B.
    I am able to send/receive using SMTP & POP mail servers without any problems Check your config. Also, try unchecking the option "Sending uses same user name a d password" and enter the user name and password there. I remember having a similar problem and I had to do the same on my 700wx before.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I am able to send/receive using SMTP & POP mail servers without any problems Check your config. Also, try unchecking the option "Sending uses same user name a d password" and enter the user name and password there. I remember having a similar problem and I had to do the same on my 700wx before.
    Eddie...thanks, but if the matter was as simple as that, I'd have been up and running hours ago.

For the record, my POP and SMTP servers are on the same machine and running on the same version of Smartmail 5.1; further, the authentication for each protocol is identical.