Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    The problem with batteries is that the technology hasn't changed in years. Devices get more and more advanced, more features but the batteries stay the same. The only real solution is to put bigger and bigger batteries in the devices but then people complain about how big the devices are.

And no, I have no sympathy for people that try to run every single feature on the phone and then complain about battery life. You turn on what you want when you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    wow

@Schump939: agree 100%

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Ah Yes! Crapple

Go to there home page, and they TOOT their horn about how awesome the iphone is. If someone posts a complaint in their forum, it gets deleted.
    And nobody should be surprised when they post a complaint and it gets deleted.
    I mean, after-all, it against forum "Rules" Only Constructive Feedback!
    Just call me Berd.
    Oh....

And I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience my posts may have caused.
    I'm working hard on resolving the issue
    Just call me Berd.
    UPDATE- Just got back from the local Sprint store. They are giving people who are complaining about 800w batteries new ones. I walked in, told him my battery sucked. He came out with a package, unwrapped it and said here you go, bye. I asked how many have you given out? He said they have a box of brand new Centro batteries and they've given a lot out. He didn't even know how many.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    • 2 calls (<10 mins)
    • 20 emails (30 min checks)
    • Web surfed/RSS for about an hour
    • 2 Photos; 1 blog (+ editing)
    • 50 mins of music (a2dp on high quality)
    • Periodic weather updates (every 2 hours)
    • one reset (manual)

11:45am-5:36pm = 67%

That's 6 hours.

Make it 12hrs doing the same thing and I'll be at about 34%.

This is why I don't complain about my battery. Does my usage seem unusually low to anyone? And yeah, I recharge my devices (6700, 700wx, Moto Q, Centro) every night as I recommend for all smartphones. Why not? If I sleep to recharge, why should my phone not get the same treatment?

Sounds fine to me. Plus for the last 3 hours I could have had it charging, but have been preoccupied.
    Just had a 45 minute call + some email +another weather update.

At 47%

8 hours from charger. Seriously, not sure why I would necessarily expect more, assuming an 8-12 hour work day.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    UPDATE- Just got back from the local Sprint store. They are giving people who are complaining about 800w batteries new ones. I walked in, told him my battery sucked. He came out with a package, unwrapped it and said here you go, bye. I asked how many have you given out? He said they have a box of brand new Centro batteries and they've given a lot out. He didn't even know how many.
    GTK

Sounds like when Motorola was selling the "new" Moto Q's last year with expired batteries.

My battery never got below 40%. Plugged in my moto car charger (with the cool blue light) on the way home. Was back at 98% when I arrived.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    if you use the kybd a lot, be sure to try out an iphone before you get one. I got an itouch, and I can't get thru more than a few keystrokes without errors. Even in landscape mode. If you are not a big kybd user (not sure why you would have a smartphone if you are not using the kybd lots), then an iphone for music and web browsing would (I think) be great. Browser is just phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    we just picked up second batteries for free at our store too. Manager said they had never had so many complaints about battery life as they have had with 800w and they are giving everyone who asks a spare
    Actually, the crashing iPhones is - supposedly - easily explained (definitely a headslapper): apparently, a lot of people have been doing their major development work with the beta SDK, which wasn't finalized (so I'm told) until shortly before the App Store opened. Looks like some people either didn't have the time or think it was worth to beta test their apps before releasing them...
    Last edited by bluemonq; 07/27/2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: annoying spelling error...
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
    but I thought Apple basically screened/tested all the apps before they hit the store?

developers don't have direct access to the store to update their own software; Apple needs to approve first.

I mean, if true...it begs the question of wtf is the whole App store/sdk/limitations system to begin with?

"headslapper"? that would be the most dumb execution of a 3rd party app system ever.
    Well, they could test a single program all they want, but if it's a case of, say, poor memory management, it wouldn't show up all that quickly. I also doubt that they give it the third degree; considering the number of programs I bet they just give it once over....
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spcs700wx View Post
    I was very close to picking up the iphone 3g... but thanks to the long lines at the apple stores, i ended up picking up the 800w on ebay.. ($333.00)

I am very happy I ended up with the 800w... Loving it so far..

SKYFIRE and OPERA 9.5 are both great, but I think SKYFIRE edges out opera just a little bit..

So how does your warantee work? I guess you would have to go through PAlm and not Sprint. I wondering as I met with a seller of of Craigs list selling them at $375. He bought 10 from an eBay seller and reselling them. Very tempting as they all are brand new, but my luck I'd get the one out of 10 that is defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonq View Post
    Well, they could test a single program all they want, but if it's a case of, say, poor memory management, it wouldn't show up all that quickly. I also doubt that they give it the third degree; considering the number of programs I bet they just give it once over....
    So their whole program of ensuring a better, more stable 3rd party experience over "other" smartphone platforms is bogus and a pack of lies.

I mean I always knew that but nice to hear it being confirmed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12