1.    #1  
    1. If I switch from a BT headset back to phone during a phonecall via "Cancel Bluetooth" option under menu, the volume controls no longer controls the speaker volume for the active call. This issue is for both the speakerphone and regular speaker on the phone.

2. From the Today Screen, when I try changing the volume using the volume buttons one of two things happen:

a. Phone volume is changed
    b. PDA volume is changed

However the default seems to change randomly. Sometimes PDA is default, other times the Phone volume is selected by default. Is there a way to ensure only the Phone volume is selected by default?

Has anyone noticed these issues?
    Last edited by alphad; 07/24/2008 at 01:13 PM.
    I have one to add to this....

I'm using the Treo headset which I purchased with my 700wx. Whenever I make or receive a call, the volume resets itself to the lowest setting and I have to turn it back up. This happens every time I make or receive a call.

Any suggestions?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post

I'm using the Treo headset which I purchased with my 700wx. Whenever I make or receive a call, the volume resets itself to the lowest setting and I have to turn it back up. This happens every time I make or receive a call.

Any suggestions?
    I also have this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by alphad View Post
    1. If I switch from a BT headset back to phone during a phonecall via "Cancel Bluetooth" option under menu, the volume controls no longer controls the speaker volume for the active call. This issue is for both the speakerphone and regular speaker on the phone.

2. From the Today Screen, when I try changing the volume using the volume buttons one of two things happen:

a. Phone volume is changed
    b. PDA volume is changed

However the default seems to change randomly. Sometimes PDA is default, other times the Phone volume is selected by default. Is there a way to ensure only the Phone volume is selected by default?

Has anyone noticed these issues?
    #1 = just another bug

#2 = not sure how to set one as the default option
    Same headset problem. Also loud dial pad noise when using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Also loud dial pad noise when using it.
    +1
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Look in the tweaks thread at top for the DTMF tone registry edit and see if that fixes the dial pad noise you are referring to. It's close to the last page.
    Sorry, I am on mobile or I would repost.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    Look in the tweaks thread at top for the DTMF tone registry edit and see if that fixes the dial pad noise you are referring to. It's close to the last page.
    I'm referring to the sound the keys on the dialpad make when they are pressed. It is obnoxiously loud.

Thanks.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I'm referring to the sound the keys on the dialpad make when they are pressed. It is obnoxiously loud.

Thanks.
    Check out post 203, 204, 205 and see if that is what your referring too..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...167161&page=11
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Check out post 203, 204, 205 and see if that is what your referring too..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...167161&page=11
    No it is not. I'm talking about the sound a normal phone would make when you push a number on the keypad. When you push a number on the dial pad this sound is VERY loud.

Thanks.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Any suggestions?
    ****UPDATE****

After three tech support chats with Palm (the second of which /made/ me go buy yet another headset bringing my total to three) and three phone calls to Palm's support I was told that this was a new issue that Palm had not heard of before.

I strongly urge everyone to call in with this issue so Palm knows exactly how widespread it is. This will hopefully motivate them to patch it quickly.

If you want, feel free to reference my name, Grant Smith and/or Service Request 1-51422148378 when calling and/or chatting. Hopefully we can light a fire under Palm's a** on this one.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

13.    #13  
    ****UPDATE****

After three tech support chats with Palm (the second of which /made/ me go buy yet another headset bringing my total to three) and three phone calls to Palm's support I was told that this was a new issue that Palm had not heard of before.

I strongly urge everyone to call in with this issue so Palm knows exactly how widespread it is. This will hopefully motivate them to patch it quickly.

If you want, feel free to reference my name, Grant Smith and/or Service Request 1-51422148378 when calling and/or chatting. Hopefully we can light a fire under Palm's a** on this one.
    I would also recommend posting the issue at http://forums.palm.com/palm/board?board.id=hardware. This is Palm's official forum and their engineers do check it.