1.    #1  
    If anyone else is interested, WisBar Advance is a nice launcher program that adds a cascading menu similar to what Windows XP and prior versions use.

I personally find it much easier to navigate then the standard programs menu.

If you're interested you can find screenshots and more information at http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/pro...WisBarAdvance/

For those of you that are interested in eye candy, it is also highly skinable.
    I tried this program and it seemed to slow down the Treo. Any thoughts?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I agree...I see the same results.

I also cannot get the advanced version to load properly...only the lite version.
    I like the functionality though...anyone know of a comparable product that does not cause performance issues?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    It isn't slowing mine down at all but I did have to play with it for a bit to get it configured just the way I like it. It adds a significant amount of time to the boot process after a soft-reset but once everything loads its smooth as silk.

Where exactly are you noticing a slow-down?

Edit: Just a few configuration examples: You need to go into your Button settings and link the windows button with the WisBar menu if you want that functionality. I also went through and changed all of the fonts to Segoe UI from my vista comp just because it looks cleaner.

Truthfully I can't think of anything specific that I would have done to make it run any faster then it would by default though. Let me know where you're noticing it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    I agree...I see the same results.

I also cannot get the advanced version to load properly...only the lite version.
    I like the functionality though...anyone know of a comparable product that does not cause performance issues?
    I'm using the advanced version. What is it doing?
    Just generally slower in switching applications, etc. Also, a nice feature was the ability to put shortcuts in the tray, but they were all the same visually -- not icons, just identical shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    It isn't slowing mine down at all but I did have to play with it for a bit to get it configured just the way I like it. It adds a significant amount of time to the boot process after a soft-reset but once everything loads its smooth as silk.

Where exactly are you noticing a slow-down?

Edit: Just a few configuration examples: You need to go into your Button settings and link the windows button with the WisBar menu if you want that functionality. I also went through and changed all of the fonts to Segoe UI from my vista comp just because it looks cleaner.

Truthfully I can't think of anything specific that I would have done to make it run any faster then it would by default though. Let me know where you're noticing it.
    Laissez Faire