1.    #1  
    The registry key to remove the battery indicator is:
    HKLM/Software/Plam/BootApp/LaunchBatteryIndicator
    change the value to 0, do a soft reset and the battery indicator will be gone.

A speaker icon will appear where the battery icon used to. I would love to remove that as well, but have not found a way.
    Thanks...I saw that but wasn't sure it was the right one.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    First, thanks for posting this on the 700Wx thread, too.
    Do you know if this will have any issues with lack of vlolume control after it's applied? (I ended up selling my 700Wx and now have the 800w--but the same annoying Palm battery indicator remains.)

I'm gonna try this now. Just FYI, the default value is "1" if we need to restore the registry value to what it was.

UPDATE: Phone volume resets self to zero. Bummer. Similar issue with other ideas in the 700Wx forum.
    Last edited by xdalaw; 07/24/2008 at 12:27 PM.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  4.    #4  
    Maybe I don't understand your questions, but the speaker icon will appear in place of the battery indicator. I'm not sure what you mean by "lack of volume control after it's applied". Also, you can always use the volume keys on the left side.
    I don't want either icon, but I really wanted the battery indicator gone since I have one already with QuickMenu.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    What I'm saying is that the battery does get replaced by the speaker icon, but some loss of functionality seems to come, too.
    Specifically, my phone volume (not PDA volume), resets itself to zero. So, I can't hear the phone ring. When I try to increase the volume, it resets itself to zero again, almost immediately.
    Might want to give it a try and see if it happens to you, too.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    For what it's worth...

Setting HKLM/Software/Plam/BootApp/LaunchBatteryIndicator to 0 on my 800w results in the battery icon disapearing leaving a "blank" of the same width - no speaker icon. But... clicking on the 'blank area' does bring up the volume control.

FWIW: I also have my clock display turned off
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 0 (which does shift the other icons right!).

And until "Treo Alarms Pro" gets fully updated, the only software I'm using that effects the carrier line is "Magic Buttons".

In any case, my ringer & device volumes are unaffected by hiding the battery icon. Their values were unchanged, still can be changed, and retain their values even after a soft reset.

FWIW: As removing the battery icon (sadly) does not shift the other icons right, and the volume is already easily accessible, I'll be turning back on the battery icon.

But if anyone knows how to remove the battery icon AND shift the other icons (signal, data, roaming, etc) right... please let me know, as Magic Buttons, even with "+4 icons" still!

Hope this helps.

- Cedar "First Treo, First WM phone, First post"
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    What I'm saying is that the battery does get replaced by the speaker icon, but some loss of functionality seems to come, too.
    Specifically, my phone volume (not PDA volume), resets itself to zero. So, I can't hear the phone ring. When I try to increase the volume, it resets itself to zero again, almost immediately.
    I'm actually seeing the same behavior with the display (the slider is down to 0) but the actual volume seems unaffected. My theory (based on nothing at all) is that the speaker icon is not being fully supported since Palm did not intend for it to be seen anyway. Maybe the display (the slider) is just not being updated. Try using the left volume keys and see if the "supported" volume control is at 0 or not. By me, the volume display accessed by the left side keys is accurate and can be changed using the speaker icon as well. As a matter of fact, if I toggle the speaker icon options between On and Vibrate and back to On, it updates with the correct level.

Give it a try and see if you get the same thing. If so, I will submit a bug report to Palm.
    Last edited by yohaas; 07/24/2008 at 02:43 PM.