1.    #1  
    New subscriber to Sprint and new 800w (and Windows phones) user. Hello!

Don't even have the phone yet. Sprint says will be delivered tomorrow (but I somehow doubt it).

A question, is there going to be a Seidio battery that is OEM-sized, but extended? Judging by the fact that there is no Centro OEM-sized battery, I can only imagine that it is because the OEM size is optimized and Seidio cannot increase it enough to justify sales. Or maybe they haven't yet gotten around to doing so, which, I hope, is the case. I really don't want a larger phone/case!

What do you guys think will happen in the next few months with extended OEM-sized batteries for 800w (and Centro)?
    Welcome aboard. Extended batteries will also be larger in size. If you require a larger battery life then expect it to be slightly larger... Seido's batteries for the centro will work for this phone but also expect them to release a battery cover to make up the difference in size.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Although Seidio has surprised me many times in the past I would not expect an extended battery the same size as the OEM one. The Centro has been out for a while now and has been Palm best selling phone in a long time. I am sure that if there was anything that could be done to squeeze more power in the OEM size they would have done it by now. That said I would love to see such product, an extended battery with about 20% more battery life and the same size would be a big hit for me. If anyone can Seidio can.

Welcome to Sprint and the windows mobile goodness!
    Device history:
    Pilot 5000>Palm 2MB upgrade to Palm III>Palm V>Clie PEG-TJ35>Treo 600>HP4155>Treo 650>700p>Apache>700p>755p>Apache>Mogul>Touch>BB Pearl>Curve>800W+Instinct
    Welcome to Sprint =)

Don't be surprised if it does get there the next day, all of mine have!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Sprint usually ships all its phones next day air
  6.    #6  
    The Tro 800w arrived today at 3pm! Awesome... charging and getting familiar with the device. It feels so fast and snappy. GPS locked in what felt like 5 seconds indoors (near a window). The web flies (Sprint EVDO). Call quality sounds clear. So far, very impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Insanity View Post
    New subscriber to Sprint and new 800w (and Windows phones) user. Hello!

Don't even have the phone yet. Sprint says will be delivered tomorrow (but I somehow doubt it).

A question, is there going to be a Seidio battery that is OEM-sized, but extended? Judging by the fact that there is no Centro OEM-sized battery, I can only imagine that it is because the OEM size is optimized and Seidio cannot increase it enough to justify sales. Or maybe they haven't yet gotten around to doing so, which, I hope, is the case. I really don't want a larger phone/case!

What do you guys think will happen in the next few months with extended OEM-sized batteries for 800w (and Centro)?
    Welcome! I will be getting mine tomorrow also. But I've been on Sprint and a member of Treocentral for quite sometimes since the Treo 600. Looks like ill be visiting here again more often. Had the Mogul for a year and was an active member at PPCgeeks and pdaphonehome. Good to be back!

As far as battery, I thought the 800 shared the same battery as the Centro? Didn't Seidio already make an extended battery for the Centro?
    The problem with the extended battery is the cover - a cover to fit the 800W is not available yet.
  9.    #9  
    Oh this phone is awesome! So nice and easy to use. And exciting, too.

Here is my first work day with the phone:

The day begins. Took it off the charger.

On the way to and from work, I messed with GPS a bit, but then closed the mapping application.

I haven't disabled anything, i.e. I have IR beams turned on, I have "location services" turned on, I have the phone constantly online, checking two separate IMAP mailboxes (downloading new mail every 5 minutes, full text, with attachments), and, also, in the background, I was running a constant IM app connected to three IM services: AIM, MSN and Yahoo.

I composed a few e-mails, received my usual share of daily emails, etc. In addition, I spent about 30 minutes in active IM chat during lunch, and a few minutes every now and then browsing the web and looking at built-in apps. I checked Task Manager often to see how the phone is doing.

This is more or less "light" use, mostly background network connections checking/polling servers.

Ten hours later, the battery was at 30%.

That's OK with me. Obviously not great, but I can live with that. Tomorrow, I'll try the same with IR beams turned off. My goal would be to make it go 16 hours without a recharge (i.e. plugged in at night).
    So far, I've had mine off of the charger for about seven hours, I've done some light texting and a couple of phone calls as well as playing games for around an hour total (bejeweled and bubble breaker). I have Exchange ActiveSync and received and read two emails as well. The only thing I have turned off is Wi-Fi. I'm at 80% battery. I think I'll be fine with this phone... :-D
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The problem with the extended battery is the cover - a cover to fit the 800W is not available yet.
    I just dont think you are going to see the numbers of units sold as the centro.