Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    You seem to be unaware that the target market is businesses users, given the way you frame your comments. it has to go up against blackberries, not toys like instinct. the bb has two to three times the life. or are you going to say turn off everything and not get your mail pushed?
    I would love to see a BB do this: Check my personal email, check the twins score, vpn into work and ssh into a server to reboot it, while vpned in grab an excel spreadsheet on the intranet, edit it and send it back, VNC into my home security system to check up on things, get work email pushed to me, check into my flight, let google maps tell me where i am (via gps), and even take a call (it is a phone after all)...all while listening to a podcast(except during the call).... in 10 minutes. I can get a hell of a lot more work done on an 800 than a BB.
    I feel I should come to the defense of RIM, if only because my Curve had served me well when I had one...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    I would love to see a BB do this: Check my personal email
    Umm, yeah; let's move on, shall we?
    check the twins score,
    Internal browser
    vpn into work
    Covered by BES
    ssh into a server to reboot it
    MidpSSH
    while vpned in grab an excel spreadsheet on the intranet
    Mobile File Manager
    edit it
    DocumentsToGo
    VNC into my home security system to check up on things
    I find Terminal Services to be more handy when I need to hook into a computer, so, TSMobiles
    get work email pushed to me
    Uh, yeah, what device are we talking about again?
    check into my flight
    Opera Mini works on most airline sites I know, but I'm not 100% sure. In any case, the internal browser will handle it if Pocket IE works. Many airlines have a mobile version of their site, after all.
    let google maps tell me where i am (via gps)
    Yup, Blackberry has their own version of Google Maps. 8330 and 8830 have GPS. (So does 8130 but I'm not a fan of the SureType keyboard)
    and even take a call (it is a phone after all)
    Moving right along...
    all while listening to a podcast(except during the call)
    On board media player.
    in 10 minutes.
    If you really can get all of that done in 10 minutes on an 800w, you can do that in roughy the same time with an 8330 or 8830.
    I can get a hell of a lot more work done on an 800 than a BB.
    Of course, it may just be that your last experience with a BB was a 7-series. Wouldn't blame you there.

So... back to the discussion about battery life?
    Last edited by bluemonq; 07/27/2008 at 09:38 PM.
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
    ok...got me. i guess i havent used one in a while! i still got one on ya...my 800 doesnt have the 20-30/mo charge for BBconnect! I also like VNC for looking at my security cams. I am a shell guy, but there it doesnt help!

i guess my point with that would be, if you did all of this all of the time on a BB...the battery would more than likely suffer the same as the 800w.

I personally dont think palm is as much to blame as windows. i had the mogul and got nearly the same life as my 800. Thats why i dont see what the big deal is.
    I just think it's somewhat amusing that folks feel the need to argue about who's phone is better. If person A is happy with a BB, and person B is happy about a Treo, then isn't that okay?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Oh, I agree. Just letting people know about their options
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    ok...got me. i guess i havent used one in a while! i still got one on ya...my 800 doesnt have the 20-30/mo charge for BBconnect! I also like VNC for looking at my security cams. I am a shell guy, but there it doesnt help!
    I recall fiddling around with a Java VNC app one time; deleted it because I didn't need it. Don't know if there are any native VNC clients though.
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123