1.    #1  
    Okay, who decided it would be a good idea to continually warn you about a low battery by vibrating and turning on the damn screen? Seriously, was there some code-monkey at MS laughing his *** off about this?

To my actual question: how do you turn off this annoying and functionally retarded "feature?"

maybe the "low battery" item under "Sounds and Notifications"?

just a hunch...
  3.    #3  
    That was the first place I looked and I don't have a "low battery" item. Do you or were you kidding?
  4.    #4  
    I answered my own thread but I found this over on XDA-Developers:

Deafstarr: If the low battery warning option does not appear in the drop down list, you will need to edit the following registry entry first;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877 D663-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}\

Open the String value with the name "Default" and add the value "Low Batt Warning".

Thanks Deafstarr from XDA!

EDIT: I don't think that works as intended because the phone beeps and the screen still turns on every few minutes telling me my battery is low. Plus the sound I picked for it (to test) wasn't the sound it was making. Anybody else have any suggestions?
    Last edited by zelet; 07/23/2008 at 10:47 PM.
    Take a look at HKLM/Software/Palm/BatteryIndicator. I have not tried them myself, but from the looks of the subkeys (WarningLevel0 and WarningLevel1) as well as the values, you can configure all the warnings there.
    Has anyone been able to successfully get rid of the battery warning yet? Please post your method here. Thanks!
    I am trying to keep the device charged most of the time, so I dont have to deal with that. We talked about this in another thread, and how no one had that low battery option to select under sounds and notifications. I think one or two had that option, and posted a picture. The rest of us dont have it, and I dont know of anything that works for sure yet. I'm sure there is something, but what I dont know. If everyone is saying all of the above is not working, then i'm clueless.

One thing that I dont like is changing registry settings for nonsense stuff like what we are talking about here. We shouldn't have to play geek to fix something like that. Should be an option already built in for batter warning and info.

Low Batter

Warn me with alert at 10%, and 5% (or what ever you want)
    Warn me with alert at 10% (just have the option to choose one)
    Dont warn me when my battery is low. (no alert, and no screen turn on)

Something similar, and you get the drift, but it seemed it was obviously too hard for palm to add.