Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I've searched around the forum a bit and have not seen any mention of this.

When I call voicemail, either by holding 1 or from the left softkey, I get a loud tone through the speakerphone right after the call tone. When the vibrate switch is on, this doesn't happen.

It is more of an annoyance than anything. It makes it difficult to discreetly check your voicemail unless vibrate is on.

Anyone know how to silence this annoying tone?

My wife and I both have 800w's and both devices do this.
    someone else is working on this too. I don't have a link, but check HoFo and PPCgeeks, it's somewhere.
    It is a dtmf tone and it happens sporadically with all speed dials.

There is a registry tweak somewhere that allows you to silence all the dtmf tones but this has not bothered me enough yet to hunt it down.

-Rob
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    My 700wx did not do this, and it is very annoying!!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    After reading a few other posts on the topic, I just switched my voicemail speed dial to a non-number key and the loud tone is slienced.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=204

Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    The Keypress beep on speed dial is a DTMF tone, I believe it is some kind of bug, but it is really annoying. For a temporary solution and I don't know if there will be any negative side effects, you can try this registry edit:

HKLM\Software\Palm\Phone
    DTMFTonesGainClass=3
    change to 0

The tones still transmit and my different voicemails work, this change supresses the tone internally to the speaker. Again, I don't know if this is the right answer, but it works for me so far. I hope one of the experts will look at this issue.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Thanks- exactly what I was too lazy to hunt down.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2