1.    #1  
    A few weeks ago, WM 6.1 for 700wx was mentioned as being available Summer 08'. Any updates on this possibility?
    read the custom roms thread stickied at the top of this forum.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    read the custom roms thread stickied at the top of this forum.
    I saw this sticky but I thought these were cooked rom's, not official Palm/Verizon release.

I'll wait a bit longer for an official before trying the cooked rom. I have a cooked rom on my Axim x51v and it works great.
    Correct. There are no official 6.0/6.1 releases. Yet.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Correct. There are no official 6.0/6.1 releases. Yet.
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1777-1.htm

Thanks, this is the link to the info I referred to in my first posting. Sort of sounds real don't you think?
    Couple of things.

1) It's leaked. So not confirmed.
    2) Verizon has not announced it.
    3) Sprint is not going to have it, which means that the ROM may be encrypted and thus cannot be cooked. Verizon typically encrypts their ROM upgrades, while Sprint does no.
    4) One of the leaked ROM's that I posted in the custom ROM thread is version 1.25. According to WMExperts Verizon is releasing 1.24. You figure that one out.
    5) Verizon is (supposedly) getting the 800w ~60 days after Sprint released it. They may skip the 700wx update to WM6 entirely (and save literally thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars).
    6) It's been a month and a half since the last leak, which leads me to suspect that now that Verizon has decided to carry the 800w (again, via leak, so not for sure) they have decided to not deploy WM6 for the 700wx.

Just some food for thought.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll give your rom a try. I assume that the instruction are wth the rom posting.

Thanks again.
    Looking at the link above, it states " Voice Command over Bluetooth".....

Does anyone using the cooked WM 6.1 have this functionality and if not, how could Verizon make this work, as I thought it was a hardware limitation?
    Is it a better bluetooth stack that Verizon was "planning" on providing?

For me, thats been the real bug-a-boo with the 700wx, crap bluetooth functionality, so if there is a shred of hope, I'm asking/pleading/begging........
    yes voice comand does NOT work thru the bluetooth. shame cause that would be great.
    Will this ROM work with an Alltel 700wx? Any news when Alltel will get the 800w?