Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Okay, looks like the official date for this contest is going to be today, September 26th (no, I'm not just saying that because I guessed the 26th).

The story is on the front page, and the press release is dated the 26th.
    http://investor.palm.com/pressdetail...leaseID=337019

That's how it worked for the 800w contest...people got it on the 13th or before, but the press release was on the 14th, so that's the date they went with for the contest.
    Now that makes sense.
    Because I guessed 26 also.
    Just call me Berd.
    Wow...that's really great of you guys. I'm not sure how much I agree with the way the 2nd one is being given out, as the same thing pretty much happened with the 800w, so I think to be fair, the rules should've been kept like that (in fact, it was worse with the 800w, because people had it in their hands almost 4 days before the press release actually came out), but hey, it's not my money, and these aren't my forums. Whatever you guys decide is good.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    you guys rock! eveb though I am not winning this one, the new guidelines sound very decent...

darn it if I missed the dates... the 30th was my "horse"
    Wow...that's really great of you guys. I'm not sure how much I agree with the way the 2nd one is being given out, as the same thing pretty much happened with the 800w, so I think to be fair, the rules should've been kept like that (in fact, it was worse with the 800w, because people had it in their hands almost 4 days before the press release actually came out), but hey, it's not my money, and these aren't my forums. Whatever you guys decide is good.
    Adding the 25th also, really changes the odds.
    Just call me Berd.
    September 23rd :P

No, I won't cheat. I say September 26th.

On the Palm website, it still says pre-order now, so I don't think it's officially released yet.
    I think your guess won't count,
    I'm pretty sure you had to guess 2 weeks ahead.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I really think you guys should figure out a way to award 3 Pro's.
    1 for Pre-Order
    1 for began shipping
    1 for "Official Announced Release"
    Geez, already. Dieter's already coming out of pocket what, $500, just to make sure there aren't any hard feelings for an ambiguity that was really out of TC's control.
    Quote Originally Posted by elh1188 View Post
    Geez, already. Dieter's already coming out of pocket what, $500, just to make sure there aren't any hard feelings for an ambiguity that was really out of TC's control.
    What day did you guess?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    What day did you guess?
    sept 11 first and then Sept 25. I, too, would like to win a free Treo Pro. but I won't be demanding a recount if I don't.
    I have to admit,
    my comments are selfish.
    I, along with many others, picked the actual "Official Announcement" by Palm, and because of the confusion of the release, and the wording of the updated 'Rules', my chances of winning isn't increased by the generosity of Dieter. Infact, throwing those who guessed the 25th into the hat drastically reduces the chances for those who guessed the 26th. And visa-versa.
    The simple wording of:
    "available for puchase in the US, either officially
    unlocked from Palm or via AT&T"
    is the clincher. And so they (TC) are correct in all three counts. And Dieter is actaully going 'Above the Call of Duty'.
    I got caught up in the word 'official' and tended to lean toward the "Official Announced Release" (and because that was my guess) but since re-reading the wording "available for puchase in the US, either officially
    unlocked from Palm or via AT&T" clears everything up for me.

So I apologize to all, for my petty, selfish driven ambition to get a free Pro.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    first off I wanna say Dieter you are the man!!!! second of all if you didn't win you didn't win jeez how hard is it to grasp that. sure the pro is what we have all been waiting for and getting one for free would be really awesome. but come on most of us can afford the $550 that palm is charging for this piece of really cool technology. those that can't should have been setting aside money from the start of this thing. I just charged it to my card. pay it off when the bill comes. just thought I'd put my two cents out there for everyone and I'm sure people are gonna disagree with me. so bring on the hate mail.
    I think your guess won't count,
    I'm pretty sure you had to guess 2 weeks ahead.
    Yeah, you're right. Guess I should've read the rules more carefully. I just figured it'd be exactly like the 800w giveaway, since the two sites are basically the same site (which annoys me to no end...not the fact that they are sister sites, but that I get emails from WMExperts...wish there was a way to fool the system into thinking that all forum posts are posted on this site). Clearly, it's not, though.

I don't really care, though, as I would have no use for the Treo Pro, other than to resell it. It's not good enough to make me ditch Sprint and pay more on a GSM carrier (or have crappy service on TMo). In fact...I have yet to see anything that is that good. Plus, even if it were on Sprint, I prefer the look of the 800w, so I probably still wouldn't really want it all that much.

Anyway, Dieter is definitely going above and beyond what is necessary, and I definitely like that. The owners of other forums that I'm a member of don't even ship out things that members paid for, so for Dieter to give away not only one, but two Pros is really great of him.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by fktruong View Post
    if you didn't win you didn't win jeez how hard is it to grasp that.
    I think you miss the point.
    We're not talking about who won, the winner hasn't been decided yet.
    What we're talking about is the way the contest changed from what was originally posted:

From pg 1:

"How to Enter

Register and post a reply to this post, guessing the exact date (just the date, not the time) the Treo 850 will be officiallyannounced and released on AT&T."
    Btw,
    The word 'official' was in bold.

When the 850 became the Pro and rumors were circulating that Att wasn't going to be carrying the Pro, I posted twice in this thread if the contest was going to change to the Pro. I never got a direct reply.
    Somewhere buried in this thread, updated 'Rules' with the wording "available for puchase in the US, either officially
    unlocked from Palm or via AT&T"
    got added.

Which put TC in an awkward position.
    So, Dieter kindly added another Pro.

I know, TC didn't have to throw this contest, where else have we been given this opportunity to win a Pro?
    And TC is still my favorite forum.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/29/2008 at 03:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I guess I'm another lucky one that snuck in under the wire guessing September 25th (I entered 25th instead of 25, hope that doesn't cause an issue ).

Though I hope to win the Pro, I thank Dieter for his generosity.
  14.    #474  
    Congratulations to "makad" for guessing the "pre-order date" and Congrats to "elh1188" for guessing the "officially unlocked date"!!!!!

And thanks so much for all of you who participated! And........Stay tuned for another contest coming soon!

Read the front page winners announcement story here.
    October 23
    Mike
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    oct 15th
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    nov 2
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    oct 14th
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
    oct 14th
    Uh, the contest is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by elh1188 View Post
    Uh, the contest is over.
    Maybe they think they're guessing for an Att Release.
    Just call me Berd.