Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast
    You got a screenshot? I'm still getting pre-order now.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Sure...here you go!

It is from here:
    http://store.palm.com//product/index...ore_treopro_v3
    Attached Images Attached Images

updating my guess to Oct 10,
    since it has to be 2 weeks out.
    sigh.
    "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 1 posts."
    oct 10
    nevermind
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/25/2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: deleted 10th
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    OK....now I have to bite!! Over on the Palm site...there is no official "quoted date of release", but they are saying the Pro is in stock and shipping!!

Should this be considered the official date then????
    I have never got a reply back from TC as to whether we are guessing for the Unlocked or for an Att Release.

I see a lot of people guessing as if we are guessing about the Unlocked that's supposed to begin shipping within the next couple weeks, but I don't think that's what this 'Giveaway Contest' is for.
    I'm pretty sure it's for the Official Att Release.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I have never got a reply back from TC as to whether we are guessing for the Unlocked or for an Att Release.

I see a lot of people guessing as if we are guessing about the Unlocked that's supposed to begin shipping within the next couple weeks, but I don't think that's what this 'Giveaway Contest' is for.
    I'm pretty sure it's for the Official Att Release.

well yes, that IS rather confusing.

on 08/20/2008, pdaluver updated the contest rules here on this thread to allow for AT&T or an unlocked release, whichever comes first. ...but you have to go to page 11 to find it (also quoted below).

pdaluver also updated the story here - treocentral (dot) com /content/Stories/1960-1.htm [Sorry, I can't post URLs yet!]

HOWEVER -- the original post for this thread explaining all the rules has not been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    I've posted the story on the contest update.

So, basically the rules got changed a little since it appears that AT&T isn't in the game plan. Sorry about that!

From the article:

But we also found out that the Treo Pro will be released unlocked, but no word yet on whether or not AT&T will carry it. Which poses sort of a situation with our contest details. We had said, "Register and post a reply to this post, guessing the exact date (just the date, not the time) the Treo 850 will be officially announced and released on AT&T."
    So, it looks like we'll have to change that rule to:

"available for puchase in the US, either officially unlocked from Palm or via AT&T (let's hope and pray that AT&T will get it), whichever comes first."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So keep on guessing everyone! And Good Luck to all!!!
    "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 1 posts."
    Sure...here you go!

It is from here:
    http://store.palm.com//product/index...ore_treopro_v3
    Hmm...interesting. On the main Palm website, it's pre-order, but if you click the pre-order button, you can actually purchase the phone. Seems the webmaster at Palm is a little behind, or perhaps a little ahead.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    So, it looks like we'll have to change that rule to:

"available for puchase in the US, either officially unlocked from Palm or via AT&T (let's hope and pray that AT&T will get it), whichever comes first."
    Available for purchase in the US has already happened:

http://store.palm.com//product/index...entPage=family
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Available for purchase in the US has already happened:

http://store.palm.com//product/index...entPage=family
    That is why , eventhough I hate to say it (I don't believe I guessed 9/25) today is the date of US release.....the only glitch is that there is no 'official' release, and who's to say that hasn't been the status of the US Pro for a couplw days already....I have seen posts on threads from US people saying they already had it!!

new date oct 9 2008
    Oh well...
    That is why , eventhough I hate to say it (I don't believe I guessed 9/25) today is the date of US release.....the only glitch is that there is no 'official' release, and who's to say that hasn't been the status of the US Pro for a couplw days already....I have seen posts on threads from US people saying they already had it!!

So, what do we do?
    You guessed 9/25 and that is the official release, but you don't know that, so you guess again for 10/12 and now you lose because you should have stayed with your 9/25. On the other hand you don't guess again because your 9/25 guess might be correct, but you lose because it's actually 10/12.

We really need some clarification on this. I don't think this is how the 800 went at all.
    Well the 800w had a carrier release, giving us an official date, seeing as the Pro is not being released through a carrier, I think Palm just flowed from the 'not in stock' status to 'in stock' without any fanfare or 'official' date of release. The Pro was already released, they just made it available to people in the US! (if you know what I am trying to say there, I think I messed up the wording!!)

Okay, looks like the official date for this contest is going to be today, September 26th (no, I'm not just saying that because I guessed the 26th).

The story is on the front page, and the press release is dated the 26th.
    http://investor.palm.com/pressdetail...leaseID=337019

That's how it worked for the 800w contest...people got it on the 13th or before, but the press release was on the 14th, so that's the date they went with for the contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Okay, looks like the official date for this contest is going to be today, September 26th (no, I'm not just saying that because I guessed the 26th).

The story is on the front page, and the press release is dated the 26th.
    http://investor.palm.com/pressdetail...leaseID=337019

That's how it worked for the 800w contest...people got it on the 13th or before, but the press release was on the 14th, so that's the date they went with for the contest.
    I would have to think you are right, and I voted the 23rd (hmm, can I ninja edit?)
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    I would have to think you are right, and I voted the 23rd (hmm, can I ninja edit?)
    Winning the 800w wasn't enough for you?
    We (ok, just me) are gonna do you guys a solid, stay tuned to hear from Jennifer.
  19.    #459  
    Hi Everybody.

Well, Palm really put us in a pickle here, didn't they?

Alright, so in this post

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...99#post1486399

...we said: "available for puchase in the US, either officially
    unlocked from Palm or via AT&T (let's hope and pray that AT&T will get
    it), whichever comes first."

Then Palm put up a preorder. Then Palm started processing orders.
    Then (today), they finally put out the press release saying today is
    the day it's officially available.

So here's what we're going to do. We're going to give one Treo Pro
    away to somebody who guesses the first pre-order date, since that
    technically could count as 'available for purchase.' Plus, to keep
    things fair, Dieter is going to buy a **Second Treo Pro** out of his
    pocket for a *second* winner!

Which date for the second winner? We would normally go with the
    official announcement date (today), but yesterday was also technically
    'available for purchase' because that was the first day that Palm
    started charging credit cards and shipping the Treo Pro. Even though
    Palm's site said "in stock" on the 24th, they didn't charge anybody or
    ship until the 25th. So we'll count both the 25th and 26th as equal and
    draw from people who guessed both dates.

We will announce both on Monday!
    I really think you guys should figure out a way to award 3 Pro's.
    1 for Pre-Order
    1 for began shipping
    1 for "Official Announced Release"
    Just call me Berd.