Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Treo 800w is available at Bestbuy.com NOW! The new account/upgrade price is the same as the instore price ($199).
    Good news to those who cant get it in store. The phone is NOW online and it is the same as in store. $199.99

THESE ARE INSTANT SAVINGS WITH A 2YR RENEWAL.

You'll have to add the phone, then click a link later to UPGRADE your phone

Once you get to that screen it'll say...

Value Price
    Palm Treo 800w $599.99 $199.99
    with a 2YR contract extension

Shipping via FedEx $9.99
    Phone Price Today $209.98

IF that online stuff is too hard and it doesn't work, you can CALL which may be the best. I can say that they had to call on mine in store cause of SERO.
    Again, I dont know why it is online now and not in store, but what ever.

If you need to call and order....

To place a new order over the phone
    Please provide the following code when calling in order to receive this special online price:
    Call Code: 107852
    Contact Number: 888-843-5312

If anyone does this online or on the phone, let us know how it went. Probably pretty smooth if you dont have SERO, but if you do, it shouldn't be too hard. Either way, keep us updated.

Hopefully this will save some of you $$ if you had planned on buying it on Sprints site, or Palms site.
    Last edited by quickstang; 07/23/2008 at 01:26 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Quickstang. I just started a thread a few moments ago to let people know the 800w was available on bestbuy.com. I didn't have the inside scoop, like you do, so the info is appreciated. I'll ask mods to delete my thread or merge it....

thanks again...
    No problem. What gets me is I still cant buy it supposedly till Sunday. Oh well, that's only a few days and i'd be waiting for shipping anyway, and i'd rather support my store, and give activations to the guys, so I dont mind.

I do like though how it is still the same online and cheaper than Sprint and Palm. Again, I dont know why it is cheaper, but it is.

The $40+ you'll save you can use for an accessory. And if you buy it in the Sprint store you'll be paying more anyway cause you'll be paying $249+ tax
    How would this work for those of us in contract still? I am one year in on a two year. Is anyone eligible for this offer or only those out of contract?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    How would this work for those of us in contract still? I am one year in on a two year. Is anyone eligible for this offer or only those out of contract?

Thanks
    The $199 is for a NEW 2YR renewal. If you are unable to do that and are past one year, I think you end up paying $349, or at least that's what it was in store. It was $150 more, but I still think cheaper than Sprint for 1yr.

I dont know if the online allows you to do 1yr or not cause I haven't run through that, but the best thing would be to call and say... hey, i'd like the phone, but I am only 1yr into a contract. If I renew another year, what would it be? Again, $349 is what you'd get in store, so I would guess that it would be the same, seeing how the 2yr online is the same as the 2yr in store.
    Total waste of time. SERO or any other plan will not work. You must have a current standard plan. They force you to get a 2 year plan and they only have their plans to put you on, so if you upgrade with this phone you have to change to one of their plans. Not good for most people here.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveme View Post
    Total waste of time. SERO or any other plan will not work. You must have a current standard plan. They force you to get a 2 year plan and they only have their plans to put you on, so if you upgrade with this phone you have to change to one of their plans. Not good for most people here.
    All that is on the site, is the following...

Am I eligible for a Sprint contract extension?

Not all existing Sprint PCS customers qualify for contract extensions. Sprint sets threshold rules as to who is eligible for a contract extension.

In order to be eligible for our exclusive Sprint PCS contract extension offers:

* You must have maintained continuous service on the existing Sprint PCS phones being upgraded today for the last 22 months
    * You must subscribe to a $34.99 or higher Sprint PCS service plan
    * You agree to extend your contract 12 or 24 months (depending on the plan you choose) from the end of your existing contract
    * Your account must be in good financial standing and without late fees
    * You agree to extend your existing contract with Sprint PCS for an additional 24 months

Note that eligibility results may vary based on a variety of conditions including, but not limited to a customer's usage history, payment record, previous phone replacement, etc.

The one year may not work, but I dont see why SERO wouldn't if you have a plan OVER $35, or even a general plan over $35. It does not say any other plan will not work like you mentioned. It only gives the price you have to have or higher.

If it doesn't, then I guess it is a no go, and a no go if you have only had service for a year.

I cant say for sure on SERO cause I have never ordered from them or called them. Unless you know for a fact, I guess one would have to call because there are SERO plans above $30. Mine is $30, so online would probably not work. I however have the store option (which I am going with)
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I don't see it anywhere on bestbuy.com. Does anyone have a link?

You can buy it without contract, right? I have the $30 SERO plan as well, and since the plans are no longer available I'm not willing to take a discounted phone to give up my plan.

The annual savings I get with SERO is worth paying retail for the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nosmohtac View Post
    I don't see it anywhere on bestbuy.com. Does anyone have a link?
    He took the link down for some reason...
    I CALLED. They want you to tell them what plan you are on. And they only have the basic plans to choose from. So when you tell them SERO or whatever plan, it has to match up to the plan in their system. If it does not and you go ahead with it, you will be taking the chance they they will change your account to a plan they have to make the sale. It is a call center in India that is processing the order. So if you want to risk it, have a it. I do not to save 50 dollars an a phone. I spoke with a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    All that is on the site, is the following...

Am I eligible for a Sprint contract extension?

Not all existing Sprint PCS customers qualify for contract extensions. Sprint sets threshold rules as to who is eligible for a contract extension.

In order to be eligible for our exclusive Sprint PCS contract extension offers:

* You must have maintained continuous service on the existing Sprint PCS phones being upgraded today for the last 22 months
    * You must subscribe to a $34.99 or higher Sprint PCS service plan
    * You agree to extend your contract 12 or 24 months (depending on the plan you choose) from the end of your existing contract
    * Your account must be in good financial standing and without late fees
    * You agree to extend your existing contract with Sprint PCS for an additional 24 months

Note that eligibility results may vary based on a variety of conditions including, but not limited to a customer's usage history, payment record, previous phone replacement, etc.

The one year may not work, but I dont see why SERO wouldn't if you have a plan OVER $35, or even a general plan over $35. It does not say any other plan will not work like you mentioned. It only gives the price you have to have or higher.

If it doesn't, then I guess it is a no go, and a no go if you have only had service for a year.

I cant say for sure on SERO cause I have never ordered from them or called them. Unless you know for a fact, I guess one would have to call because there are SERO plans above $30. Mine is $30, so online would probably not work. I however have the store option (which I am going with)
  12.    #12  
    For those trying to find the 8002 on Best Buy's website, here's how - I couldn't figure out how to link directly to it, but here're some step by step directions:

1. On www.bestbuy.com, select "Cell Phones" from the "Phones & Office" pull-down.
    2. Under the heading "Shop Cell Phones" on the left side of the screen, select "Cell Phones by Carrier".
    3. Mouseover and select "Phones With Plans".
    4. Under the heading "Shop by Carrier" on the left side of the screen, select "Sprint".
    5. In the lower right quadrant of the screen, beneath the heading "See All Sprint Phones", select "Shop Now".
    6. Scroll down the page. The Palm Treo 800w is the second one from the bottom. (HTC Mogul is the last one.)

You can sort the list in different ways, I suppose. At some point, you will need to provide your zip code. I didn't include that step in the instructions above, as I had already done it and it was stored in cookies.

The questions still remain about extending an existing contract without changing your current plan, or about SERO accounts. My guess is that if one can do this at all, a phone call will be required, as stated by STEVEME above.

To save $50, it sounds like a pretty big risk to me. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    To save $50, it sounds like a pretty big risk to me. . .
    I'd be leery as well... after seeing this initial post I went over to purchase and did not find my $50 sero plan in there...

I'm sure sprint would eventually work things out, but I'm not sure it is worth the hassle. Plus, I'd rather not take the chance of someone at sprint saying "too bad, so sad, this is your new plan." lol

Heck, I make more than $50 off my sero plan when compared to others on a standard plan anyway.... I'll pay $50 extra to ensure smooth sailing....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  14.    #14  
    I think we'll know more after Quickstang picks up his 800w on Sunday in the store. He's on SERO and has been told he can get the $199 price without losing his existing plan. We're counting on you to blaze the trail, 'Stang!
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    I think we'll know more after Quickstang picks up his 800w on Sunday in the store. He's on SERO and has been told he can get the $199 price without losing his existing plan. We're counting on you to blaze the trail, 'Stang!
    I remember last time I used a sprint store. Two years ago I upgraded my phone at bestbuy and went with a 1 year contract. The guy put it in as a 2 year. I corrected him and he told me he fixed it in the system. Well, he did not. Long story short, I'm glad I kept the paperwork. Even though I paid extra for the phone due to the 1 year contact, verizon (my carrier at the time) had me down for a two year contact.

Yes, I know I should have checked with verizon after I got home from bestbuy rather than waiting a year.... live and learn.

But like I said, it was eventually fixed...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I used the Sprint "chat" feature today to get my price adjusted to the Best Buy price and it was a great experience. I would recommend to anybody to use the chat thing - they even thought to use SSL so the chat is encrypted. Almost no wait too.

BTW, they credited me the $50 without an argument. Sprint is getting so much better with customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I used the Sprint "chat" feature today to get my price adjusted to the Best Buy price and it was a great experience. I would recommend to anybody to use the chat thing - they even thought to use SSL so the chat is encrypted. Almost no wait too.

BTW, they credited me the $50 without an argument. Sprint is getting so much better with customer service.
    +1, $50.00 off...combined with the other long term discounts they gave me to re-up with them, this phone is free, plus $50.00
    I wish that they could give me something. Right now I believe I'm paying $50 ontop of the $322 for the 755p switch.
    Zelet, just tried that as well and the rep basically blew me off. I guess it's still hit or miss at Sprint...
    Quote Originally Posted by hahamike View Post
    Zelet, just tried that as well and the rep basically blew me off. I guess it's still hit or miss at Sprint...
    I just tried it twice... still no dice... maybe tomorrow.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast