Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Well I sent in my request to see if I can match the Best Buy Price. Now I wait and see.

Anyone pick up the phone at best buy know if they have a best buy warranty? and tried to complain about the battery life?
    So SERO confirmation is in, but what about retention plans?
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelpule View Post
    Well I sent in my request to see if I can match the Best Buy Price. Now I wait and see.

Anyone pick up the phone at best buy know if they have a best buy warranty? and tried to complain about the battery life?
    I haven't complained about the battery, except to myself, but even though the warranty will cover the battery, all they'll do is replace it, so you need to save it, if you really need it and it dies.

No use in using a phone service plan when not necessary. I suggest just waiting for a larger one to come out by seidio or someone.
    Sprint gave me a $50 credit thanks to the Best Buy match.
    $50 credit here, too. They wouldn't give me the instant rebate, so I still have to send in the MIR.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Yep I got my $50 as well. The Store I bought my phone at mailed the Rebate for me and ecare said they were already processing my rebate.
    I found that even though BB was $50 cheaper on the device, they still want to charge a $36 activation fee for new plans. I chatted on line w/ Sprint and they said they dont't price match 3rd party distributors. I know I could probably purchase it, call, and then harass them into giving me a credit, but I found something better. Simply enter SAVE50 in the promo code field and you'll receive a $50 invoice credit. Aside from the activation fee, I would rather purchase from Sprint direct because I am not 100% sure that I'll be keeping the device and I don't want to deal with returning it at BB. Sprint's return policy seems a bit more liberal to me, and I don't mind mail in rebates too much....
    Quote Originally Posted by jaystone View Post
    I found that even though BB was $50 cheaper on the device, they still want to charge a $36 activation fee for new plans. I chatted on line w/ Sprint and they said they dont't price match 3rd party distributors. I know I could probably purchase it, call, and then harass them into giving me a credit, but I found something better. Simply enter SAVE50 in the promo code field and you'll receive a $50 invoice credit. Aside from the activation fee, I would rather purchase from Sprint direct because I am not 100% sure that I'll be keeping the device and I don't want to deal with returning it at BB. Sprint's return policy seems a bit more liberal to me, and I don't mind mail in rebates too much....
    I was only charged $18. I didnt switch plans, just changed devices. I was told they are NOT supposed to credit activation fees and people have been getting in trouble for that. (Sprint people not BB)

I wasn't sure either i'd keep it, and the return policy is simple. You have 30 days to return the phone. People return them all of the time, and I personally see it. They have no problems.

I cant STAND mail-in rebates, cause you never know what will happen. All I can say is that I paid the $199, and had no problems.

Good luck, cause it seems as if you are going through more than you have too. I went to the department, said give me the phone, they called, I signed, they programed, I paid, I walked out the door.

You cant get any more painless than that.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    snip...
    I wasn't sure either i'd keep it, and the return policy is simple. You have 30 days to return the phone. People return them all of the time, and I personally see it. They have no problems.
    Are you talking about Sprint or BestBuy? Just curious. I was reading bestbuy.com's return policy on phones and unless I'm really missing something, it appears horrendous. You have to make return arrangements in 15 days from order processing (not 30) and the phone can't have more than 30 minutes talk time on it or they'll charge you $125 even if you're within the 15 days (I think you only have to make return arrangements within 15 days; you have 30 days to actually ship it back). There's a tiny line in there about "if the carrier has a longer trial period we will honor it" but I don't really believe that given how draconian the rest of their policies are and it sounds like the 30 minute policy still applies.

But, you do save $50 and don't have to deal with a mail-in rebate, more than one of which I have never received. In the bay area recently a company was just fined something like $18,000 for dumping boxes of unopened rebate requests from Fry's Electronics' stores in dumpster. Nice.

(edit: bestbuy.com's policy may be different than a Best Buy store policy, of course)
    Last edited by haus; 07/31/2008 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    You have to make return arrangements in 15 days from order processing (not 30) and the phone can't have more than 30 minutes talk time on it or they'll charge you $125 even if you're within the 15 days (I think you only have to make return arrangements within 15 days; you have 30 days to actually ship it back). There's a tiny line in there about "if the carrier has a longer trial period we will honor it" but I don't really believe that given how draconian the rest of their policies are and it sounds like the 30 minute policy still applies.
    The 30 minute clause, along with the fact that even after returning the phone to BB you are still responsible for canceling the plan with Sprint, is what makes me prefer going directly through Sprint for the same price after the promo code. Even less, when factoring in activation (this is for a new account) and shipping (I would have been going through BestBuy.com). Didn't research whether you can buy your phone online and return in store. I know this won't be an issue with Sprint.

I've had good luck with $50 and $100 mail-in rebates that I've done through Alltel in the past. I'm hoping Sprint is as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Are you talking about Sprint or BestBuy? Just curious. I was reading bestbuy.com's return policy on phones and unless I'm really missing something, it appears horrendous. You have to make return arrangements in 15 days from order processing (not 30) and the phone can't have more than 30 minutes talk time on it or they'll charge you $125 even if you're within the 15 days (I think you only have to make return arrangements within 15 days; you have 30 days to actually ship it back). There's a tiny line in there about "if the carrier has a longer trial period we will honor it" but I don't really believe that given how draconian the rest of their policies are and it sounds like the 30 minute policy still applies.

But, you do save $50 and don't have to deal with a mail-in rebate, more than one of which I have never received. In the bay area recently a company was just fined something like $18,000 for dumping boxes of unopened rebate requests from Fry's Electronics' stores in dumpster. Nice.

(edit: bestbuy.com's policy may be different than a Best Buy store policy, of course)
    Those type of things are kitchen sink statements almost all of which are not true in almost all states (just like half of what is most consumer contracts, terms of service and for that matter residential leases).

A few years back Sprint tried to go to 14 days. It became a mess because most states have 30 day laws and they ended up reversing and going back to 30 days nationwide.

Best Buy's Terms clearly state they will honor the return policy of the carrier. that is 30 days and any amount of talk time. So best buy explicitly states they will do exactly what Sprint does. The rest of the language maybe for tracfones or other pay as you go vendors.

But Sprint is also going to honor the rebate even if your data plan is included but discounted all the way down to free, so don't worry about that.
    What about people with sprints 15% credit off on service. Will that be removed by bestbuy when upgrading. Or does that have nothing to do with bestbuy an they cant remove it?
    store policy is 30 days. i cant say what online says, but i got mine here, & if i want to return it tonight, i can. they'd just have to tell sprint to rollback my contract.

kjmtreo... i have sero & i also get an additional 22% from a previous plan so i'm not complaining. nothing changed on my end but the phone
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Man, I just might pop into my BB and see if they carry the 800w, but I though all Bay Area BB don't carry Sprint. I'm only 9 months into my 2 year Sero plan but Sprint.com says I'm eligible for a discount with renewal. I even called my local Sprint store and had them check and I'm good to go.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Good lord, I'm getting shot down from all angles. I purchased my 800w in a Sprint store for $349.99 with a $100 mail in rebate, and am trying to get a $50 credit applied to my bill to match Best Buy's price (which is now visible online at wireless.bestbuy.com). Three different Sprint Chat reps have shot me down using various ridiculous excuses ("I am just a chat agent, I can't do anything!", "Sorry sir that price is only for new customers"), and I even waded through *2 only to be told by the first rep that it'll be no problem and then to be told by a second rep "the discount has to be applied at the point of purchase, there is no guarantee from Best Buy that their phone is even brand new!! Thank you come again."

Ridiculous. I'll keep playing CSR Roulette with the Sprint Chat system and hopefully end up getting some help, or just getting so bored with it that I'd rather eat the 50 bucks.

EDIT: Someone through TeleSales just told me they couldn't match the price because "there is no guarantee that the phone Best Buy is selling is even brand new! And they definitely do not offer the same 30-day exchange policy that you would be offered if you were to purchase the phone through Sprint.com!"

I love Sprint because they're charmingly incompetent, but at a certain point it's less funny and more ridiculous.
    Last edited by kalibar; 08/12/2008 at 12:36 PM.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    so let me get this straight...

I am one year into my two year sero plan. I have tried getting the phone through tele sales at reduced price a few times but have not been successful.

If I walk into bestbuy (any my bestbuy has treo 800w in stock), I can get the phone for around $200 with two year contract extension and keep my sero plan?
    Best Buy will only give it to you for $200 if you are eligible for an upgrade. If not, then they'll charge a higher price.

By the way...did anybody notice that Best Buy's "retail" price on this phone is about $750? Where did they pull that random number from?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjmtreo View Post
    What about people with sprints 15% credit off on service. Will that be removed by bestbuy when upgrading. Or does that have nothing to do with bestbuy an they cant remove it?
    I retained my 15% discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Best Buy will only give it to you for $200 if you are eligible for an upgrade. If not, then they'll charge a higher price.

By the way...did anybody notice that Best Buy's "retail" price on this phone is about $750? Where did they pull that random number from?
    I have no idea why they do that, yet in the end it is cheaper than Sprint, & even a new plan with Sprint is only $189.99.

We've always been like that with phones. Sunday the Centro will be free, but its outrageous otherwise
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast