Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64
  1. #21  
    If you're within your 30 days take the phone back (or threaten it) and then get the new one at Best Buy. Really easy solution especially with Sprite Backup.
  2. #22  
    Lol, I threatened and the guy said 'sure go ahead and take it back'...
  3. #23  
    I would to save $50. Hell, they might give you the $50 at the Sprint store you got it at.
  4. goat03's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #24  
    Sent my email in requesting the $50 adjustment. While I was at it I said wth and asked for a $100 credit instead of having to deal with this stupid MIR.
    So we shall see.
  5. kalibar's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #25  
    Any advice for SERO customers inside their 30 day window? I got a Samsung M520 ($50 after rebate) with my SERO activation because you had to activate before the 13th to get the $30/month plan. I was figuring I'd have to pay the $200 difference to move up to the 800w, but it would be pretty nice if I could pull it off for a $150 adjustment.
  6. goat03's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalibar View Post
    Any advice for SERO customers inside their 30 day window? I got a Samsung M520 ($50 after rebate) with my SERO activation because you had to activate before the 13th to get the $30/month plan. I was figuring I'd have to pay the $200 difference to move up to the 800w, but it would be pretty nice if I could pull it off for a $150 adjustment.
    Best scenario. Return M520 purchase 800w for new customer price and maybe get them to credit you the MIR instantly and give you an extra $50 to match the Best Buy price. They probably will come back with. "You are already on a discounted plan, we can't do an additional $50 off" The instant $100 for the mail is in a hit or miss of its own.

    Just shoot ecare and email and see what they can do for you.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    I think we'll know more after Quickstang picks up his 800w on Sunday in the store. He's on SERO and has been told he can get the $199 price without losing his existing plan. We're counting on you to blaze the trail, 'Stang!
    We actually had my phone activated last week. My guy told Telesales (not the same as calling that number on the web) and told her I had a special plan and he could not change it in the system. She changed it, the phone was ready to go, ready to ring out, and then we realized it couldn't be sold in stores till the 27th. Again WHY, I have no clue.

    So all in all, it was all good except for that small problem. NO PROBLEM switching SERO over at all. I did hear them want to add a $18 activation fee, so next time, i'll have them tell Telesales i'm an employee and see if they can waive it.

    theog- you're not going to find your SERO plan on the BB website, nor do you even find it on the plain Sprint website. What I was saying was it may be possible to keep it if you call. BUT since you said it is in India and they can only do their plan, you are out of luck.

    You have to remember that not everyone is on SERO, so if they aren't, it should work for them.

    If people have problems, just tell Sprint you'll get it at Best Buy then if they cant do it for $199. Problem is that not every store has it if you are trying the store. You just have to SAY YOU ARE GETTING IT, in hopes they'll drop it. If not, keep on trying, and eventually someone will do it (fingers crossed)

    My store will be stocking them, so I am safe. We have two more coming in, for a total of 4 on hand before my purchase.
  8. #28  
    well guys im just now playing with my 800w & have tons to learn, but I bought it today & got it activated & $212 out the door.

    Also bought an 8G card for it. employee discount made it $49 so I couldn't resist.

    the lady on the phone yelled about the activation fee so ill be paying it.

    not much time with it yet but screw the 700p & the slow net. this thing loaded amazingly & im using explorer. id prob not go back for this reason alone.

    the stylus is terrible & I feel like it'll snap. seriously how lame Palm, how lame.

    Anyhow you should be good to go in store. I had no problems.
  9.    #29  
    That's GREAT news, Quickstang! I'm glad to hear that you were able to process the upgrade at BB with your SERO plan and get the $199 price (even if you were unable to avoid the $18 activation fee.) This means there's hope for the rest of us on SERO at Best Buy. Do you have any idea why you were able to go ahead and buy the phone on 7/24, even though you were told previously that it couldn't be sold until the 27th?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    That's GREAT news, Quickstang! I'm glad to hear that you were able to process the upgrade at BB with your SERO plan and get the $199 price (even if you were unable to avoid the $18 activation fee.) This means there's hope for the rest of us on SERO at Best Buy. Do you have any idea why you were able to go ahead and buy the phone on 7/24, even though you were told previously that it couldn't be sold until the 27th?
    I dont know what the deal was. A mobile employee came to me and said... I think our boss is going to let us sell the 800w today. She walked by and I grabed her, and I told her to check and see if it would package out correctly. She called me on the phone and said...you are good to go.

    Went over to mobile phones on my lunch, and no problems. They did have a hard time unlocking it, but they gave him the wrong code.

    We dont have any accessories yet for it, and that's a given, but I hope we do down the road. If we carry them in store, we should.

    Anyway, if you buy from Best Buy, make sure you tell them that they will have to call it in. Most the time they activate it from their computers, but they had to call it in.

    And a funny thing too, was that they told me they couldn't do what I did with their plans. They have great plans cause they are mobile employees (kind of like our SERO) and they said they couldn't get the discount and what not. Not sure why, or if this is really true, but SERO people are good to go.

    And I know I said the 27th, but mine worked last night. So those who have them in your area, may call Best Buy and see if you can get it today. The mobile manager said she wanted to start selling them, and it worked just like it normally would. Possible it gets in the system a few days before, but I cant say for sure.
  11.    #31  
    Thanks for the update, and good luck with your new Treo!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    Thanks for the update, and good luck with your new Treo!
    No problem. One thing you may be interested in, is the service plan on the phones. Best Buy has it for $6.99/month, much like Sprints, but they dont have a $50 deductible like Sprint.

    When I had the ROM problem with the 700p I had to return it to Sprint, told them the ROM bricked my phone and they gave me a new one no charge. May be because it was not my problem.

    BUT... I have a feeling if this one bites the dust, gets lots, accidental damage, i'll be paying the $50 deductible. If that is the case, i'll cancel the Sprint insurance and go with the Best Buy one since the cost is the same, but i'll have no deductible to meet. As long as it covers everything identical to the Sprint plan, it is worth it. If it doesn't cover lost or stolen, I may just keep the Sprint one.

    I'll find out about this tonight

    Their website states the following...

    Equipment Replacement Program:

    * Insurance coverage for lost, stolen or physically damaged devices.
    * $50 non-refundable deductible applies per approved replacement
    * For full terms and conditions, see the Coverage Certificate

    Equipment Service and Repair Program:

    * Provides coverage for mechanical or electrical failure, routine maintenance or failure from normal wear and tear.
    * No additional out-of-pocket charges to repair or replace your malfunctioning device
    * Over 1,800 Sprint Phone Repair Centers available to repair or replace your device.
  13. #33  
    for anyone trying to get sprint to match the price so you don't have to return and rebuy, just keep trying. I got two nos through email about a price adjustment yesterday, but I called this morning and told them that I know some people are getting the credit and others aren't and they gave it to me.
  14.    #34  
    Has anyone else gotten an 800w thru Best Buy or Bestbuy.com? Any problems? I'm particularly curious if anyone other than Quickstang is on SERO and has been successful in upgrading your hardware to an 800w while keeping your existing SERO account intact. Thanks in advance for sharing your stories!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    Has anyone else gotten an 800w thru Best Buy or Bestbuy.com? Any problems? I'm particularly curious if anyone other than Quickstang is on SERO and has been successful in upgrading your hardware to an 800w while keeping your existing SERO account intact. Thanks in advance for sharing your stories!
    No Problem getting a new 800W and keeping SERO (old) at Best Buy. Guy had to call to authorize and I made sure plan would not change. All is good!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by eric631 View Post
    No Problem getting a new 800W and keeping SERO (old) at Best Buy. Guy had to call to authorize and I made sure plan would not change. All is good!
    thats great to hear, I will head over there whenever I have time
  17. #37  
    Another quick note, is that for those that DONT have Sprint (if you know people) the device is $189.99 for new people. Yes, $10 cheaper
  18.    #38  
    That's great! Anybody tried to order from Bestbuy.com? It appears that none of my local Best Buy stores will be carrying the 800w. So I'll have to try to order from Bestbuy.com. Another possibility is to find an 800w at a B&M store while traveling. I travel on business from time to time to places like Houston and Jacksonville. Perhaps I could get one at a store in one of those cities.

    The reason I'm so interested in buying through Best Buy (other than the obviouis $50 savings) is that I have some Best Buy Rewards built up. Does anyone know of any reason Best Buy wouldn't accept reward points for Best Buy Mobile purchases?
  19. #39  
    So if I am at 18 months on my plan I should wait the other 6 months or pay extra.


    I have the all everything plan..
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    That's great! Anybody tried to order from Bestbuy.com? It appears that none of my local Best Buy stores will be carrying the 800w. So I'll have to try to order from Bestbuy.com. Another possibility is to find an 800w at a B&M store while traveling. I travel on business from time to time to places like Houston and Jacksonville. Perhaps I could get one at a store in one of those cities.

    The reason I'm so interested in buying through Best Buy (other than the obviouis $50 savings) is that I have some Best Buy Rewards built up. Does anyone know of any reason Best Buy wouldn't accept reward points for Best Buy Mobile purchases?
    Yeah, if you are out of luck, the only thing to do is to check on business trips and see if the store you are near carries it.

    Remember that if you order fro bb.com I dont think you can keep the SERO. Someone mentioned that, but I dont know for sure.

    Yep, reward zone certificates are just like money. It comes off the total of the sale. They scan them, and that's about it really. Then dont forget to have them scan the Reward Zone card so you can get more points with your 800w purchase (of course when you find one at a store)

    If you are going to be traveling, call up the nearest stores, and see if they have any. Or, if you are on travel, and KNOW where you are going, you can type in the zipcode on the site, get me store numbers, and i'll tell you if they carry it or not.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions