Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having issues with WL syncing mail? When I initiale the sync in WL client the status message at the end states "sync failed" and the sync status log says "Email: there is a problem with the server. Please try again later. Failed to syncronize inbox."

    I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue, or if it is issolated to my device?


    I get the same result when I initiate a send and receive from the inbox.
    Last edited by azkevman; 07/23/2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Update
  2. #2  
    Same here...
  3. #3  
    yep, I get the same.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Same here...
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    yep, I get the same.
    OK...looks like there must be a server issue....I'm relieved a hard reset is not in store!

    You can submit a support email here:
    https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?...ile&ct=eformts

    I reccommend everyone submit a support ticket to escalate the issue to the live mail team.
  5. #5  
    Mine is working but my wife's 800w had issues. I moved most of the inbox emails to an archive folder and that fixed the issue for her.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    Mine is working but my wife's 800w had issues. I moved most of the inbox emails to an archive folder and that fixed the issue for her.
    Do you also have the 800? Or is yours working on another device?
    Also, when you say moved "most" of the inbox to an archive folder, can you elaborate....did you do this through the web interface, or on the device itself???
  7.    #7  
    Received a reply from Windows Live mobile tech support saying they are getting several reports of users experiencing this issue, but that most have been able to fix the issue by re-syncing the device (sign out by selecting switch user and then sign back in and re-sync).
    I have tried several times and it does not fix the issue for me.

    Has thier recommended fix worked for anyone else?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Do you also have the 800? Or is yours working on another device?
    Also, when you say moved "most" of the inbox to an archive folder, can you elaborate....did you do this through the web interface, or on the device itself???
    Yes, I have an 800 and WL is working fine. I used the web interface to move the email from the inbox to my wife's archive folder. I read somewhere that too many messages and too many with attachments could cause this issue. As a side note, I typically only keep <50 emails in my inbox and I either delete or move them to an archive folder.

    Also, before my wife got her 800w, her Moto Q9c was giving here the same WL issues...I really think something about too many messages may have bee the issue.
  9. #9  
    I did as boilermaker suggested and moved my email to a "new" folder. I could then sync just fine, but when I tried to sync the folder I received the same error. Luckly I did not have very many emails so I moved them one by one to another "new" folder and found it was an email from Skyfire that was causing my issue. Don't know if that will help but mine is now working

Posting Permissions