1.    #1  
    i've read how people have had trouble with skype mobile because of the resolution but in addition to that, i couldn't even get it to connect. it just kept churning. i was thinking that the resolution issue would be no big deal as long as it worked - that i could deal with it for now.

has anyone else gotten it to connect?
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyosaurus View Post
    i've read how people have had trouble with skype mobile because of the resolution but in addition to that, i couldn't even get it to connect. it just kept churning. i was thinking that the resolution issue would be no big deal as long as it worked - that i could deal with it for now.

has anyone else gotten it to connect?
    look, Skype Mobile, imo has always been lousy--the client is just too big, slow and blah.

Look for "fring" under the software sticky at the top. Works much better imo, is free and loads just fine (plus you get much more stuff).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Look for "fring" under the software sticky at the top. Works much better imo, is free and loads just fine (plus you get much more stuff).
    Fring is spyware. They track your usage and send you things you may be interested in. Read their privacy policy.

Other than that fring looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Fring is spyware. They track your usage and send you things you may be interested in. Read their privacy policy.

Other than that fring looks good.
    I've never had a problem

Just like any other site, use a dummy address or a dedicated spam email account (mine is hotmail or yahoo)--I thought everyone does this?

The program works well, there are no ads, I don't get sent anything and they don't monitor conversations.

Seems no worse than using AIM or anything by Google.

5.    #5  
    thanks for the tip on fring - looks cool. but i can't get it to connect on either evdo or my wifi network. it just keeps searching. am i doing something wrong?
    thanks for the tip on fring - looks cool. but i can't get it to connect on either evdo or my wifi network. it just keeps searching. am i doing something wrong?
    probably...

it's working on my end for both networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The program works well, there are no ads, I don't get sent anything and they don't monitor conversations.
    Really? I think their privacy statement, while not specifically saying it, may imply that they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fring.com
    When you use the Site or Services, we may record information about your usage.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    If you are talking about Skype Out, I am having the same problem.
    Anyone have any suggestions... I download the installer to my phone and when I go to install skype mobile, it just says that it is not a valid pocket pc application... any suggestions?