Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I was reading on another Treo 800w forum, and from my research to fix the crackling sound, if you turn off Wifi you wont hear that crackling sound anymore.

    Try turning off Wifi and see if that works, because a couple people that tryed it so far on another forum said that fix's the problem, maybe thats some electric issue since the wifi button is close to the speaker?

    Let me know if it works for you guys, a couple that tryed it so far said it works.
  2. #2  
    Thanks for the input, but it was already found out earlier by someone in this forum.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Thanks for the input, but it was already found out earlier by someone in this forum.
    Oh ok, no problem! .
  4. okashira's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #4  
    this was already reported, and it makes NO difference whatsoever on both of the 800w's I have. Wifi on/off has no effect on speakerphone quality/performance. Neither does a soft or hard reset.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by okashira View Post
    this was already reported, and it makes NO difference whatsoever on both of the 800w's I have. Wifi on/off has no effect on speakerphone quality/performance. Neither does a soft or hard reset.
    seconding...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by okashira View Post
    this was already reported, and it makes NO difference whatsoever on both of the 800w's I have. Wifi on/off has no effect on speakerphone quality/performance. Neither does a soft or hard reset.
    thirding...

    The "speaker problem" is a simple as: we're hitting it's limits on range, especially with lower bass sounds. If you keep it the side volume (system vol) ticked at about 3 ticks from the bottom, you should be fine--anything higher risks popping/crackling.

    I don't see any software solutions for this.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7. #7  
    It apparently makes a difference for some. It doesn't make a difference for me either tho.
  8. #8  
    I was about to return my new 800W because the crackling, popping was so bad. The second morning I had it the phone wouldn't power up. It was just dead. So I did soft reset and viola! No popping, clear sound. Bluetooth headset works well which it didn't before. It has worked flawlessly since that time. So I was one of the lucky ones.
  9. #9  
    I love nearly everything about this phone, but this speakerphone situation is killing me! The guy at the store said palms are just like that, but it wasn't as bad in the store... it seems to come an go. I turn the volume all the way to the bottom and, although the volume goes down a bit, it is still loud and scratchy. Any suggestions? I guess I'll try swapping it. ****ty part about that is getting the phone set up back the way I have it now... not to mention having to listen to that god awful hold music-- which really sets off the scratchy popping noise.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    thirding...

    The "speaker problem" is a simple as: we're hitting it's limits on range, especially with lower bass sounds. If you keep it the side volume (system vol) ticked at about 3 ticks from the bottom, you should be fine--anything higher risks popping/crackling.

    I don't see any software solutions for this.
    a friend of mine was at a sprint shop and said that all the phones are doing it but SHOULD NOT. maybe there will be a hardware update?
  11. #11  
    Any more suggestions on speaker phone improvement. I am wondering if some units are duds or if it really is a Palm issue. This is my first.

    I use speaker phone all the time and it really is hard to get through a complete business call without fiddling with the volume switch. This issue is very annoying and seems like something which really should be a non issue with some basic testing before releasing a product...
  12. #12  
    well i just tryed the speaker out on my replacement 800w and its not making any popping or crackling noises with wifi on or off.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
  13. #13  
    Was that with a call or music? Mine is mostly affected on phone calls only.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hahamike View Post
    Was that with a call or music? Mine is mostly affected on phone calls only.
    doesnt make any noise on either a phone call or music.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
  15. #15  
    Cool. Thanks for the response.

Posting Permissions