1.    #1  
    So if the battery for the 800 is the same as the Centro battery, why is palm charging $20 more for the 800 battery??

800w Battery Charger with free battery - $59.99
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family

Centro Battery Charger with free Battery - $39.99

It looks like the Centro one is "on sale" which makes it cheaper. They could have one product and call it the Centro/800w battery but then it would bring attention to the 800w not having a business class battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    So if the battery for the 800 is the same as the Centro battery, why is palm charging $20 more for the 800 battery??

800w Battery Charger with free battery - $59.99

Centro Battery Charger with free Battery - $39.99

Keep in mind that the Centro and 800w have different connectors. The Centro uses the standard Palm charger connector while the 800w uses MicroUSB. I honestly don't think that's a big enough different for Palm to ask for an extra $20 (nor should a battery charger cost $40, that included battery isn't free at all).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Keep in mind that the Centro and 800w have different connectors. The Centro uses the standard Palm charger connector while the 800w uses MicroUSB. I honestly don't think that's a big enough different for Palm to ask for an extra $20 (nor should a battery charger cost $40, that included battery isn't free at all).
    I don't think they even have a micro usb connector on the 800w charger. I think it has the same damn part number the old centro charger did. So you still need your old 650/700p charger cables to use the damn thing. That's just lame.

Edit: apparently it is a different part number, but the picture still shows the old connector.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezdog View Post
    I don't think they even have a micro usb connector on the 800w charger. I think it has the same damn part number the old centro charger did. So you still need your old 650/700p charger cables to use the damn thing. That's just lame.

Edit: apparently it is a different part number, but the picture still shows the old connector.
    That can't be. There's no way they could get away with that, unless they either included such a charger, or they explicitly mentioned it on the website. It just wouldn't make sense. I'm willing to bet they were just too lazy to change the picture, since they figure most people may not even notice the charger tip difference in the pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    That can't be. There's no way they could get away with that, unless they either included such a charger, or they explicitly mentioned it on the website. It just wouldn't make sense. I'm willing to bet they were just too lazy to change the picture, since they figure most people may not even notice the charger tip difference in the pic.
    +1
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    It looks like they changed the price of the centro to the 800w price. There must have been some complaints.
    I have both the treo 800 and the palm centro for my wife. My battery was discharge and since she has a car charger I changed the battery and it's been working with out a problem
    hi

does anybody know the difference between the two chargers i.e. type of input. CentroDepot is selling the centro charger for 39.99

thanks

BigMots
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    hi

does anybody know the difference between the two chargers i.e. type of input. CentroDepot is selling the centro charger for 39.99

thanks

BigMots
    The Palm Charger actually has input for both the "old style" Palm connector and the Micro USB connector. I bought the 800w one for $59.99. I have an email in to Palm requesting a $20 refund. Wish me luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    The Palm Charger actually has input for both the "old style" Palm connector and the Micro USB connector. I bought the 800w one for $59.99. I have an email in to Palm requesting a $20 refund. Wish me luck!
    So the new Treo 800w battery charger (from Palm) has dual inputs, whereas the Centro Charger (also from Palm) only has the old style input ? The description on the Centro charger says USB cable.

thanks

BigMots
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    So the new Treo 800w battery charger (from Palm) has dual inputs, whereas the Centro Charger (also from Palm) only has the old style input ? The description on the Centro charger says USB cable.

thanks

BigMots
    I'm not sure what input is on the Centro version; i dont see them making 2 versions for the same battery, and yes the batteries are the same part number as the one in my Centro. Pop over to the Centro forum and see if anybody bought the Centro version and see what connectors are on the charger.