Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    I'm going to be doing this little headphone mod either tonight (if I've got a spare audio jack I can use lying around) or tomorrow (if I have to run to the Shack to snag one).

I'm really looking forward to this since I've started running Winamp Remote on my household server PC. I did order Palm's Headphone/Charger magic box so I can keep playing without having the dead battery.

A little tip-tip from a little bit of a soldering fanatic, if you've got access to a Dremel/Rotary Tool/Grinding disc you can shave down your soldering pen's tip to be a little more friendly with small solder spots. I've got a pen with the tip cut into a thin-ish hooked point. The hook lets you rest wires on it to heat them up so you've got a hand free to apply solder. The hook doesn't really apply so much to this project, but it's been really helpful elsewhere.

Enough of my babble... I'm going connector hunting!
    Ended up running out to Wal-Mart and grabbed a y-adapter to hack up. A couple of minutes with the soldering pen and I've got my adapter up and running. Only thing left to do is superglue the casing back together. So excited!
    Hey Mabmarc

How did you shorten the micro usb lead? I don't know whether to cut the cord at the "Talk" box or to cut the cord at 2 places and just connect the wires then put a shrinking tube on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by weehooherod View Post
    Hey Mabmarc

How did you shorten the micro usb lead? I don't know whether to cut the cord at the "Talk" box or to cut the cord at 2 places and just connect the wires then put a shrinking tube on it.
    I hope Mabmarc doesn't mind me responding to you, but I'd have to say either way would work. Just snipping the cord in two places and splicing the wires together will work fine, but it won't look anywhere as nice as it would if you just desoldered the wires from the circuit board and soldered your shortened cored back on.

My final ruling? Desolder and resolder. It'll look much better, if anything else.
    Hey does anyone know the adapter that they do sell for the 800w that is mono, how will that sound when I plug it into my fm transmiter that I have in my car. I want to be able to listen to internet radio in my car. Is it only going to play in one side of the car or on both but just be the same (not stero)?
    i imagine it would do mono through all channels...

or you could try the USB host method which will surely work

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I followed instructions posted earlier and built my own adapter...works great...not too hard.

Now...does anyone know how to increase the volume when using the Windows Media Player? I've got to think the volume has been limited but I can't find any way to turn it off.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Here is a link to buy a Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP AVRCP Stereo Music Receiver and Handsfree (White) for $17.09 with free shipping. I haven't tried it, but it looks like it might be a good alternative.... DealExtreme: $17.09 Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP AVRCP Stereo Music Receiver and Handsfree (White)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Here is a link for the black Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP AVRCP Stereo Music Receiver and Handsfree (Black) for $12.99 with free shipping... DealExtreme: $12.99 Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP AVRCP Stereo Music Receiver and Handsfree (Black)
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567