Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    i should've waited to post until my 800w arrived this afternoon. he didn't list them on the listing, but the earbuds were included. now to tear them apart and make the converter!
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Good deal! I think you'll be happy.
    Thanks for the step-by-step on the headphone jack, rmackay. Awesome!!!
    I bought the adapter and a solder iron kit today.
    Couple questions:
    1 does it matter if right and left channels are reversed? I may have but not sure.
    2. when connected to my JVC HD radio in my truck the left side and the rear are muddy sounding and a lot quiter than the right and front. Is that just a poor solder?

I just cut off the ear buds, I did not open the mike.

I put the green wires on the copper color, the red wires from each cord to the ground and the silver wires to the silver side on the plug.

Thanks.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    I just tested with a pair of my sons head phones. I have the right and left correct, but I have a bad connection some where. If I move the cable the left side comes in strong like the right.

Wires are soldered tight. What should I look for?
    Thanks
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Knowing how to solder is a big plus here, didn't know the iron needs to be cleaned with flux or otherwise to work; also, get a fine point if you can.

I got it working perfectly on first try, then decided I wanted to shorten the usb side of the cable -- much more complicated to solder, to the point that I went through two headset chips without being able to re-connect the usb side. On the third, I gave up and left the length, but couldn't get the ground wire connected on the headset adapter -- seems to work OK, however. Will not having the ground cause issues?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    just got mine done thanks rmackay for the step by step and pictures!!!
    I made myself one of these and it just makes me wish I went back to my ipod that I got rid of. There is absolutely no bass and even at highest volume, it's too quiet.
    i agree with you but i don't like carrying a bunch of stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by eastbayarb View Post
    I made myself one of these and it just makes me wish I went back to my ipod that I got rid of. There is absolutely no bass and even at highest volume, it's too quiet.
    I use mine to connect to the cd changer bus on my HD JVC deck in the truck. I really have to crank the volume too. Not sure if my solder connections have too much resistance or if has to do with the connection through the deck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    I use mine to connect to the cd changer bus on my HD JVC deck in the truck. I really have to crank the volume too. Not sure if my solder connections have too much resistance or if has to do with the connection through the deck?
    how did you do this?
    is there any way to boost the volume and/or bass using this modified cable?
    is there any way to boost the volume and/or bass using this modified cable?
    No but there are several different programs that will allow you to do so. Check out MortPlayer for a simple and free option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    No but there are several different programs that will allow you to do so. Check out MortPlayer for a simple and free option.

Sounds nice but i'd really like a player like Kinoma since it has so many features I want like podcasts, internet radio, etc
    Sounds nice but i'd really like a player like Kinoma since it has so many features I want like podcasts, internet radio, etc
    Then.....go get it?
    Then.....go get it?

Not as simple since i don't think whatever playing application will do anything about the volume issue
    Not as simple since i don't think whatever playing application will do anything about the volume issue
    It should allow the volume to be boosted, especially if it supports pre-amp (I know MortPlayer does).

Two options to improve volume quality.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...lume-800w.html
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-warranty.html
    It should allow the volume to be boosted, especially if it supports pre-amp (I know MortPlayer does).

Two options to improve volume quality.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...lume-800w.html
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-warranty.html

Thanks that is VERY helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by treblig82 View Post
    how did you do this?
    my Hi def JVC deck has a special cable that plugs into the cd changer port on the back of the deck. The other end is a 3.5 headphone plug. I go to the auxiliary mode to listen from the Treo.

Always worked well on the Treo 700wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    my Hi def JVC deck has a special cable that plugs into the cd changer port on the back of the deck. The other end is a 3.5 headphone plug. I go to the auxiliary mode to listen from the Treo.

Always worked well on the Treo 700wx.

My 7" DVD car player also has the auxiliary option but also with video. Of course, I only use it for audio
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast