Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Are you in motion? I only get the tones when moving, the vibrate switch off, and the volume turned up.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMB Driver View Post
    Are you in motion? I only get the tones when moving with the vibrate switch off
    Yes, I was in the car moving. Are ther any settings I need to adjust?
    Driving Now. Side volume controls it. Make sure its up. I can't find anything in the program itself to customize this. Wish the sound was assignable.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Driving Now. Side volume controls it. Make sure its up. I can't find anything in the program itself to customize this. Wish the sound was assignable.
    I say be happy you got that much. Remember its a free program that has maps more updated than commercial GPS programs.
    Never said I wasn't content with the program. I realize its free and what to expect. Merely a thought rather than a complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyosaurus View Post
    as a long time palm girl, i'm having trouble with all this WM business.

what exactly is live search and is it something i want occupying space on the today screen? or is the google one better?

and then i see the live search on the today screen and then all those other options when you go into the program itself. what's up with that?

can you help a girl out?
    As far as the original topic...

Both Live Search and Google Maps offer turn by turn directions. Neither offers voice prompting, which basically announces turns like "Turn left at 500 feet". Both can also provide a list of nearby POI's (Point's of Interests). For example, if you are in a new town and hungry and want to eat pizza, you can find any pizza restaurants closest to your location.

I prefer Live Search, because it also provides allot of information, such as a list of cheapest gas prices in the area, as as movie listings, etc. You can also see what the weather forcast at your location.

Most people do not keep Live Search on their Today screen. You can select which apps to show on your Today screen, by going Menu > Preference > Today Settings. Then check/uncheck the apps you want or don't want to show on the Today screen.
    Found what was wrong. In the sound settings I had events box unchecked (i hate that beep when I press any bottons). However, know I do get a warning beep
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12