1.    #1  

If I recall correctly, on the 700 with the Palm Threaded Messenger app, when I would dismiss the new SMS notification it would also mark the SMS as being read.
    On the 800 it seems to only dismis the pop-up notice and leaves the SMS unread. I then have to go in and view the SMS again to get it to mark as read.

Does any one know of a hack to change the behavior on the 800??

I would love this functionality also, I know that this can be done with emails in outlook programatically. Does anyone know if there is any way of accessing something similar with palms threaded sms? Are there any dlls we can use to access that app?
  3.    #3  
    bump
    Bump again...

Another different behavior: We used to be able to send sms w/ the phone off...ie it would go to the out box. When I landed, turned on the phone, it would get sent immediately.

No when u hit send, it asks you if you want to turn the phone on. If you say no, there aren't any other options.

Any way to change it back?
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post

If I recall correctly, on the 700 with the Palm Threaded Messenger app, when I would dismiss the new SMS notification it would also mark the SMS as being read.
    On the 800 it seems to only dismis the pop-up notice and leaves the SMS unread. I then have to go in and view the SMS again to get it to mark as read.

Does any one know of a hack to change the behavior on the 800??

That's a feature of TreoAlerts. The 800w stores the count in a different place now. Easy fix. I'll get that in tonight's beta10 build
    Yea Id like to know this as well.

Also I get lost sometimes within my phone and I press the sms app and it goes to another screen like a contact number or something. I have to hit the ok button several times to get back to my threaded chat sessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by waytoodeep03 View Post
    Yea Id like to know this as well.

Also I get lost sometimes within my phone and I press the sms app and it goes to another screen like a contact number or something. I have to hit the ok button several times to get back to my threaded chat sessions.
    Couldn't you just press the Window button and then center dpad to get back to the today screen. Then press the SMS button from there.

Also if SMS is in the programs list, you might be able to reassign the side button to it? If you can reassign the email button that would work too.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Couldn't you just press the Window button and then center dpad to get back to the today screen. Then press the SMS button from there.

Also if SMS is in the programs list, you might be able to reassign the side button to it? If you can reassign the email button that would work too.
    Why not just press option-email?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That's a feature of TreoAlerts. The 800w stores the count in a different place now. Easy fix. I'll get that in tonight's beta10 build
    GREAT!!!!!!
    so there is no way to do this without installing an extra program? what about reverting to pocket outlook for windows threaded sms and the stock notification system we had with the 700wx?