Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    TThese HTC adapters have a USB plug that is different (typically referred to a USB audio).
    really? I never heard of that. I do know the micro a/b receptacle on the thing takes either micro a or b (or a plus).

In any event, I think for the case of using in a car while charging people should keep their eyes out for BT systems on woot, etc. I grabbed a few of these a few months ago for $10 and was able to set my cars stereos up for BT using just the BT receiver.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    really? I never heard of that. I do know the micro a/b receptacle on the thing takes either micro a or b (or a plus).

In any event, I think for the case of using in a car while charging people should keep their eyes out for BT systems on woot, etc. I grabbed a few of these a few months ago for $10 and was able to set my cars stereos up for BT using just the BT receiver.

I edited and posted pics.....
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=19
    Yeah, well my point was I have been working with USB a long time and posted pinout on quite a number of devices and there is no such term as "usb audio" in USB. The 11 pin you are mentioning is not USB
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Yeah, well my point was I have been working with USB a long time and posted pinout on quite a number of devices and there is no such term as "usb audio" in USB. The 11 pin you are mentioning is not USB
    Not really arguing with you Aero -- I am hardly a USB expert. I was just letting people know that the HTC style adapters that do fit the mini USB plug in the bottom of recent HTC devices don't fit regular mini USB adapters. In my quest to find one, I came across references to this HTC thing as a 11 pin audio USB connector.

I spent quite a bit of time looking around for adapters and cables trying to make the audio/charge thing work (e.g. mini to micro) and was just trying to help folks with wat I found.
    I spent quite a bit of time looking around for adapters and cables trying to make the audio/charge thing work (e.g. mini to micro) and was just trying to help folks with wat I found.
    I am sorry if I seemed to say otherwise. I thank you for your checking on the adapters.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12