1.    #1  
    I'm about to throw in the towel. I have seen several posts saying people have gotten there Treo 700W to pair with the 2006 GS430. I can get mine to pair up but by the time I get out it won't work again. I can't seem to make it work on a consistent basis.

Can someone PLEASE HELP by telling how to get my phone to work consistenly without having to trade cars or phones?

Thanks.
    Have you tried one of the WM6 Testing roms? (Testing 5 is currently the "best" ROM.)

It has the 6.1 bluetooth drivers in it.
  3. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Have you tried one of the WM6 Testing roms? (Testing 5 is currently the "best" ROM.)

It has the 6.1 bluetooth drivers in it.

...but where do I find the WM 6 testing 5 rom? The second post has a "full" rom and a couple WM5 testing roms - I'm looking for a Sprint WM 6 testing 4 ROM for the 700p....
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    ...but where do I find the WM 6 testing 5 rom? The second post has a "full" rom and a couple WM5 testing roms - I'm looking for a Sprint WM 6 testing 4 ROM for the 700p....
    Go into the thread and search.

Also, you cannot flash your 700p with a WM ROM.
  5. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Go into the thread and search.

Also, you cannot flash your 700p with a WM ROM.
    "p", "wx" little technicalities.....

I meant wx, but thanks for the clarification. I know lots of folks want to go one way or the other.....
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    "p", "wx" little technicalities.....

I meant wx, but thanks for the clarification. I know lots of folks want to go one way or the other.....
    Yes. Not big difference at all.
  7. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Yes. Not big difference at all.

I'm still a little shellshocked - Sprint replaced my 700p with a 700wx a few weeks ago. I was/am pretty livid at the time but now I'm seeing some advantages to WM....
    Cheers

Charles
    The main disadvantage to WM devices is (from my experience) they have to be reseted EVERY day or EOD which is a pain the rear end. Other os's typically are more stable than WM devices. I recently moved to a BB and i cant live without it and i cant tell you the last time i had to reboot!
    I haven't rebooted my 800w in over a week.

My wife hasn't rebooted her 700wx since she's got it (~2 weeks).

My mom hasn't rebooted her 700wx in months (it did need it....but still.....).

Are BB's more stable than WM devices? As a general rule, yes.

But where's your touch screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by jessessays View Post
    The main disadvantage to WM devices is (from my experience) they have to be reseted EVERY day or EOD which is a pain the rear end. Other os's typically are more stable than WM devices. I recently moved to a BB and i cant live without it and i cant tell you the last time i had to reboot!
    after the completion of my backup the phone reboots. then it does some housecleaning all the temp files are deleted. guess what? one more reboot. everday at 5am, so i dont even see it..