Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Sorry to dredge up what might be an old subject, but I've done multiple searches and only found a few very old threads about syncing the phone.

I just got a 2008 Infiniti G-35 and the phone thing worked fine immediately. I'd like to know if it's possible to have my phone work as an MP3 player through the stereo of the car. I'm just using the vanilla WMP that was installed on the phone.

Anyone making that work in any car?
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 180to650 View Post
    Sorry to dredge up what might be an old subject, but I've done multiple searches and only found a few very old threads about syncing the phone.

I just got a 2008 Infiniti G-35 and the phone thing worked fine immediately. I'd like to know if it's possible to have my phone work as an MP3 player through the stereo of the car. I'm just using the vanilla WMP that was installed on the phone.

Anyone making that work in any car?
    I do this in my X3, and you should have no troubles if you car as an input connection for the stereo. For my car I just had to get a male to male cable to run from my 750's audio out to the stereo in and it's good to go. Nice. My 750 is my phone, my pda, my GPS, and my iPod. Beats carrying around 4 devices.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Sansnil, I was hoping there was a way to do this through bluetooth, but your idea works for me.

Where did you find this male to male adapter? Did you also have to get another adapter to fit the first adapter to the 750, since it has the 2.5mm connection?
    palm makes a sub-mini to mini adaptor. radio shack also sells one. radio shack actually selss 2 diferent ones, one works for palms, the other works for motorola phones (why couldn't there be a standard?).

I use one to run my treo into my car stereo so I can use it as a MP3 player...
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. The Infiniti - at least my equipment - does not have an MP3 port. It does though have a traditional RCA connection for right/left audio and video entertainment in the console. It also comes with a special cable for hooking up iPods directly - I'm not an iPod fan.

So, I Googled an audio adapter that is 2.5mm male to RCA male and found one for $11. I haven't received it yet, but we'll see if this works. Typically, I think this entertainment connection is only functional when the car is stationary - so you're not watching a movie on the Nav display while you're driving.