1.    #1  
    So my battery icon disappeared from my title bar. How do you get it back, other than doing a reset? For now I went ahead and reset but would like to know how / why this happened.

I haven't installed anything custom that changes the OS, just some registry tweaks and applications. I didn't install or change anything between the time it was there and the time I noticed it was gone.

Anyone else have this?
    I don't know but if you figure out how you made it go away, let us know. I have the QuickMenu battery icon up there and would like to ditch the "stock" icon.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I have had the battery icon disappear on me as well for a few days now and it gets replaced by a speaker icon to control volume. The only way I have been able to get the battery icon back is to do a reset.
    ---Abort, Retry, Fail???

Palm III > Palm V > Sony Clie PEG-NR70/U > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Treo 800w > Palm Pre
    What was the last few apps you installed? I remember this happening on my 700wx and it was due to an app, which I can't remember at the moment.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorian View Post
    I have had the battery icon disappear on me as well for a few days now and it gets replaced by a speaker icon to control volume. The only way I have been able to get the battery icon back is to do a reset.
    Yup, that's exactly what happened to me. Odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    What was the last few apps you installed? I remember this happening on my 700wx and it was due to an app, which I can't remember at the moment.
    Well, I haven't installed an application in a couple of days now... MusicID I think was the last one I installed but the battery icon disappeared almost 2 days later until I soft reset.
    Just happened to me overnight. The battery indicator got replaced by a volume control icon. I wouldn't actually mind this... if I knew how to control it instead of the machine doing it on its own, like whenever.

This may not really help, and certainly does not explain why this is happening, but the normal icon for Wm is the speaker, Palm replaced that with the battery icon, but the way it works is that Palm loads up the battery icon after the speaker icon and replaces it, so whatever is happening is somehow reverting it back to the default.

I know for sure this is the way it works on the 700WX, and it sounds like it is the same on the 800W.

I, too, on my 700WX, have the default show up on occasion. Weird. I wish I could control it, too.
    Happened to me this morning as well - I just reset it. I didn't notice it when I went to sleep, so the only thing that ran was my nightly Sprite Backup.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I also wish I could choose. Although, I'd mostly choose the WM speaker volume as a quick visual sign to make sure my sound was on/on vibrate/off.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.