Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have been placing my treo in a generic leather case that I purchased from T-Mobile for a sidekick. The inside of the case is lined with a soft black suede material and I noticed that I have black marks along the perimeter of the battery door edges.

Prior to this case I used a Iphone slip case that had a soft red suede interior and the red appeared all along the edges of the back of the phone. Is this common??
    Quote Originally Posted by srt10 View Post
    I have been placing my treo in a generic leather case that I purchased from T-Mobile for a sidekick. The inside of the case is lined with a soft black suede material and I noticed that I have black marks along the perimeter of the battery door edges.

Prior to this case I used a Iphone slip case that had a soft red suede interior and the red appeared all along the edges of the back of the phone. Is this common??
    Since it is leaving markings on the phone it sounds like a product of the type of case you are using.
    I'm having the exact same problem. I believe it's due to the soft rubberized surface on the back of the 800w as my 700wx never did it with the same cases. All of the edges on the back of my 800w have turned black from the case.

I'm dealing with it...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm actually having the same exact problem. I've been using a Swiss slipcase that's meant for the iPhone that I bought from Best Buy on my 800w, and the red suede like material from the inside of the case is basically coming off onto the phone. The back of my 800w now has purple ink like markings all along the sides of the back and on the battery cover. At first I thought it was just the phone itself, but it turns out it's the red from the inside of that slipcase. I tried cleaning it with everything from soap and water to rubbing alcohol, and it just won't come off at all. I have since returned the case, and I'm now searching for something that won't make this phone any worse.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    hmm ... I only use horizontal side cases. My primary case is an EB, black leather with soft cloth lining. I also use a krussell with tan leather lining and a Naztech with black leather lining. None rub off on the 800W, nor on any other phone I've used in them (700p, Mogul). All three cases are available in the WMExperts store.

john