1.    #1  
    Is the Treo underpowered against an Blackberry Bold? even against the Black Jack III(not talking about looks)
    from what i can see is that it has a slower CPU rated at 260 MHz but it does have a bigger battery (1700Mah) and it only runs 6.0 and not 6.1.

everything else looks the same
  3.    #3  
    I read the BB Bold has a 600 mhz processor
    624 mhz processor. The bold is lightning fast regarding switching into and out of programs.

The screen is a beautiful 480 x 320 resolution.

Youtube has a quick review of the phone. You'll see just how responsive it is on that video. Its looks to be considerably faster than the 800w with a brighter, more vivid screen, just to mention a few things.
    oh sorry guys...on my comment ..i was just referring to the blackjack
    The 800w is lightning fast. It still surprises me sometimes when it pulls things up instantly that my 700wx would take 1-2 seconds on.
    While the 800w is very quick, the BlackBerry Bold has a faster processor and a higher screen resolution than the 800w. Whether that will make the BlackBerry Bold better than the 800w is yet to be seen.
    The Bold screen looks great however you have to consider that when Palm designed the 800w, they intended to integrate a touch screen vs a standard screen which of course incures additional costs over a standard LCD screen. IMO both phones work great, however considering my experience with both Palm and Blackberry; when BB comes out with a devices they are usually rock solid, as to where Palm we usually have to suffer for a while until Palm comes out with some updates. Basically it will come down to, if you want a touch screen or not. If you want a touch screen you are going to pick the 800w or maybe wait for the HTC touch pro. but if thats not a big concern to you then you may lean towards the Bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    While the 800w is very quick, the BlackBerry Bold has a faster processor and a higher screen resolution than the 800w. Whether that will make the BlackBerry Bold better than the 800w is yet to be seen.
    For my uses, the Bold is a non-starter. If it ran WM with those specs and was on Sprint, I'd be first in line to at least take a look. I'm still happy to see RIM pushing the envelope so that it forces Palm to include a large rectangular screen in their next device. That's the only thing missing from the 800w IMO.

I still say the best thing about the iPhone is that it ended the era of $600 smartphones. I'm very happy with my 800w, but even more happy with the $250 price tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I still say the best thing about the iPhone is that it ended the era of $600 smartphones. I'm very happy with my 800w, but even more happy with the $250 price tag.
    Heh we dont knw what the price of Raphael is going to be yet...
    I got to play with a Bold for a couple of minutes this weekend and compare it to my 800W. Screen was great, and I liked the leatherette backing, but the thickness of the two devices was certainly similar and the 800 is waaaaaaaay skinnier from a width perspective. The BB is definitely a hoster device...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    The 800w is lightning fast. It still surprises me sometimes when it pulls things up instantly that my 700wx would take 1-2 seconds on.
    +1
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?