1.    #1  
    I take a lot of recorded statements at work and would love a way to do it with the Treo, but my research indicates that there may be hardware limitations to recording both sides of the call in other PPCs. I tried a program on the 700wx that would record my voice perfectly, but nothing from the other end (or the other way around, it was over a year ago). I think some of these may work with speakerphone, but the interviews I do can be sensitive and its hard enough getting people to talk, much less on speaker.

Does anyone know if the hardware in the 800w is capable of recording both sides and if so any software that will do it? I'd even take a way to hook it up to an external recorder....thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    previous discussion here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=166762

The answer seems to be "no" - I tried few programs claiming to be able to record phone calls - they all failed completly - also they record regular notes fine, during the phone call they record complete silence - it looks like plam disabled audio recording when phone is in use due to legal restrictions/liability.
    one more (out of so many already) reason to go back to PalmOS/Callrec
    This is because most? all? PPC PE's route the sound of the phone conversation completely separately from the Pocket PC part ? they just don't route the sound to the PPC and they, therefore, can't record the sound of the other party directly (unlike POS), only indirectly.

ppcmag
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I believe other WM devices can at least record sound in a "speakerphone mode", and all of them can at least record me, if not the other party. It looks like 800w, shuts off recoding capability completly, when phone is of hook