1.    #1  
    My GPSGate isn't automaticly finding my GPS. Someone pllllleeeaasssee post the manual settings. I am going on a trip and plan on using TomTom software. I need the settings to allow GPSGate to locate and use my GPS properly. Thanks in advance!
  2.    #2  
    Also please post what settings I have to then put tomtom on. thanks again.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    choose "wm gps" in gpsgate, then add virtual port (I use com4)
    in tomtom choose com4 4800 for gps device
  4.    #4  
    got it working. next question... What happens when I go to canada?
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    should still work - Canada has CDMA network, so the phone will find towers and lock position. It might however cost you a bit ,as it looks that the phone tries to use data network when getting the gps lock initially resulting in data roaming charges, that can be probably disputed with sprint ))).
    However if you go to Western Europe you might never get a lock. Buying a 30$ external bluetoth GPS receiver will solve that problem but then again, palm promissed a standalone gps so it will suck . Also make sure you turn GPS off in "privacy location setting" when you do not use GPS, as it will greatly improve your battery life as someone mentioned in a different thread.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Is there a way to use the program without having it try to log onto the network (vision)? I want to use this program w/o having to sign up for vision service.