1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried connecting the Treo 800w to a wireless network secured with WPA-PSK? I just switched my home network over from WEP to WPA-PSK, and while all my laptops have no problem connecting, the Treo 800w doesn't seem to want to. Any ideas? Is this an issue with the 800w?? Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    My wireless network is setup as WPA-PSK and it works perfectly (though I find myself always using EVDO because it's easier and just as fast).

What exactly isn't working for you?
    I am also unable to connect to my home network... But I can connect to my neighbors.

It's WPA-Personal with TKIP encryption... sees it but won't connect to it.

Not a big deal since sprint's network is awsome.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    My wireless network is setup as WPA-PSK and it works perfectly (though I find myself always using EVDO because it's easier and just as fast).

What exactly isn't working for you?
    It just won't connect - it will try for a while and then error out or just revert back to the SSID being "available"
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt3r View Post
    I am also unable to connect to my home network... But I can connect to my neighbors.

It's WPA-Personal with TKIP encryption... sees it but won't connect to it.

Not a big deal since sprint's network is awsome.
    Just out of curiosity, what is the wireless router that you are both using - I'm using an Actiontec MI424WR that was provided by Verizon for my FiOS service; I wonder if the router sending the wireless signal could be the problem...
    Mine connects to my Linksys WRT350N using WPA-PSK AES encryption.
    Belkin Pre-N here...
  8.    #8  
    I tried my Treo 800w with WPA-PSK on a Linksys router and it worked fine; it has to be the Actiontec MI424WR - I've contacted them, and while their initial support response wasn't very encouraging (they basically told me it was an issue with my "palm pilot"), hopefully I can escalate it to someone their that can assist me.
    I have a Belkin Pre-N also. My 800w will not connect either. I know the wi-fi works because it connects to other routers, but not the Belkin Pre-N.
    psk working fine here.
    idk, check your password encryption settings (aes/tkip)
    mine connects with WPA-PSK TKIP with no issues.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    I have a belkin router and am still having the same problem. Even when it connects, I am unable to access the internet.
  13.    #13  
    weird...mine works now...

I had to reboot my router a few days ago after making some changes on it (i.e. adding a new port forwarding)...I wonder if the reboot fixed whatever problem I was having...oh well
    Mine Connects to my WNR3500 just fine, but I'm only running WEP because one of my network cards is older and doesn't support WAP. Anyway, Has anyone figured out how to actually join your home network? (I.E. Shared folders and such) I don't even know if it's posible, but it would be really cool if it was.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller View Post
    Mine Connects to my WNR3500 just fine, but I'm only running WEP because one of my network cards is older and doesn't support WAP. Anyway, Has anyone figured out how to actually join your home network? (I.E. Shared folders and such) I don't even know if it's posible, but it would be really cool if it was.
    It's certainly possible. Total Commander has a LAN plugin (included) that allows you to surf network shares. I haven't tried it yet, though. I'll check into it tonight if I have time.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Cool, I'm going to try this one in a few mins. I'll check back after I play with it.

http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce/tcmdpocketarm.cab
    Last edited by GMSchiller; 07/27/2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: forgot the link
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. Works fine with a WRT54G with linksys firmware but my buffalo with DD-WRT does not work.
    Mine would not connect because I had my router set to Wireless N only. When I changed it to allow B and G clients, it connected just fine.

I'm using Apple Airport Extreme.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Anyone find a solution here?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro