Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got treo 800 on Saturday. Since then, this has happened twice already. Phones stops responding to all keys/buttons and touch screen. While the phone was in this stage, I made a call to it from another phone and phone started ringing.. but wouldn't stop. Took me 10 mins to get the cover off (it's not as easy as the manual says !), until then phone just kept ringing. Finally I got a flat screwdriver to pry open the cover to reset it by removing the battery !! I wish they put reset button outside.

Anyone with similar problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger0007 View Post
    I got treo 800 on Saturday. Since then, this has happened twice already. Phones stops responding to all keys/buttons and touch screen. While the phone was in this stage, I made a call to it from another phone and phone started ringing.. but wouldn't stop. Took me 10 mins to get the cover off (it's not as easy as the manual says !), until then phone just kept ringing. Finally I got a flat screwdriver to pry open the cover to reset it by removing the battery !! I wish they put reset button outside.

Anyone with similar problem?
    Since you did not specify that you installed any software whatsoever (which of course would be the #1 culprit and very helpful for us to help you) you must have a bad device and you'll have to return/exchange to Sprint.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    i literally just had this happen twice to me in 10 minutes. no response to any touching of screen or buttons! i received an incoming call, didnt answer it. when i looked it was still as if the call was incoming, no response to the touch. i rebooted and while i was checking voicemail, the same thing happened.

i have installed only:
    live search update
    flexwallet
    listpro
    google maps
    This can happen if the notificatoin queue gets corrupted or is loaded with a bunch of duplicate events. It could also just be a misbehaved program. Try using PMClean, Memmaid or SKTools to fix your notificatoin queue. If it reports a bunch of dupes then you know that was it. If not try killing running apps using the task manager until you find the culprit.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Since you did not specify that you installed any software whatsoever (which of course would be the #1 culprit and very helpful for us to help you) you must have a bad device and you'll have to return/exchange to Sprint.
    1st time this happened as soon as I got home from sprint store. So, I hadn't done anything to it. 2nd time it happend while I was typing in a contact name in the search box.
    hannip:
    tried pmclean.

the notifications said 48 next to the checkbox. i checked and hit cleanup, now it says 45. does this sound right?

Neal
    Yeah, it's not your notification queue then. If my phone froze up before installing anything right out of the store I would turn around and exchange it.
    I just had this problem. I had to do a hard reset as my SMS Chat locked up and I couldnt even get into it.

I think this problem of freezing and quirky programs will increase and it will show on this forum.

Why are notification still on the PMClean screen? If hit delete notifications it goes from 22 maybe down to 19. Why cant I get it down to 0?
    well, more from me.

it froze up once more before today, then earlier this morning it went really wacked and reported an error in cprog.exe? weird...

went to exchange at sprint store and they don't have any... have to wait!
    I got mine replaced today. I started a thread about it. A few others have chimed in about their replacements. Hard to believe this phone was beta tested for a long time and having this many issues.

Find a store and get replaced. My new one is actually different then my first one. Keyboard is brighter, battery cover better, the keys aren't as touchy. Oh and I got my battery replaced before I got the new unit. This phone is so not cool right now.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I got mine replaced today. I started a thread about it. A few others have chimed in about their replacements. Hard to believe this phone was beta tested for a long time and having this many issues.

Find a store and get replaced. My new one is actually different then my first one. Keyboard is brighter, battery cover better, the keys aren't as touchy. Oh and I got my battery replaced before I got the new unit. This phone is so not cool right now.
    Well... In all fairness (and not to Palm or Sprint, either) it /wasn't/ beta tested for a "long" time. It was tested for a month or so... I've seen less stable software that was tested for months on end.

However, I'm having no real problems thus far that a reset can't cure and I hope it stays that way.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Well... In all fairness (and not to Palm or Sprint, either) it /wasn't/ beta tested for a "long" time. It was tested for a month or so... I've seen less stable software that was tested for months on end.

However, I'm having no real problems thus far that a reset can't cure and I hope it stays that way.
    Well your lucky. The thread I started has 6-7 replaced devices and growing. Half had the same issue I had. That is pretty sad for a brand new device. I had one Mogul for almost a year with zero issues and that's a device people on here make fun of.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Well your lucky. The thread I started has 6-7 replaced devices and growing. Half had the same issue I had. That is pretty sad for a brand new device. I had one Mogul for almost a year with zero issues and that's a device people on here make fun of.
    I'm glad I'm lucky. :-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I've had just one instance where mine seemed to totally die. I didn't try calling it to see what might happen. I just pulled and reinserted the battery and all has been well since.

It died, after I rebooted my PC with the sync cable attached. Whenever I reboot my PC the screen on the Treo 800w goes from dim to dark, which is obviously because the power on the PC board is cut during a reboot. But this once after that the Treo 800w was dead. All times since, if I reboot my PC the Treo 800w functions fine. Although sometimes ActiveSync does not realize the Treo 800w is already connected after PC startup and I have to sometimes remove and reinsert the sync cable for ActiveSync to recognize the Treo 800w is connected.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Um, 6-7 replaced devices? Do you know how many of these Sprint has sold in the last couple of weeks? I'm betting it's in the thousands if not tens of thousands. There is no evidence that there are "so many problems" with this phone moreso than any other phone, really. How many Treo's before this have had complaints about this thing or that? If you post this message or others about problems, of course, you are going to attract the people who do have these problems. People who don't are generally going to ignore the thread because it doesn't apply to them. So out of the how many hundreds ("and growing" ) of forum members who have a new 800w, there have been 6 or 7 replacements. I don't think this is horrible. You may because it happened to your phone, but don't extrapolate your experience and a few others to that of the vast majority of people who have the phone...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Wow! That really sucks. So many huge bugs with the 800w. There's no way that the device was really beta tested in a way that Palm cared to listen to the feedback. It would be impossible for people not to notice all of the problems.
    nsxprime=lmao
    I also consider myself lucky with no resets. I have done a few hard resets as I have played with the UI, but other than that, no problem at all with stability.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Um, 6-7 replaced devices? Do you know how many of these Sprint has sold in the last couple of weeks? I'm betting it's in the thousands if not tens of thousands. There is no evidence that there are "so many problems" with this phone moreso than any other phone, really. How many Treo's before this have had complaints about this thing or that? If you post this message or others about problems, of course, you are going to attract the people who do have these problems. People who don't are generally going to ignore the thread because it doesn't apply to them. So out of the how many hundreds ("and growing" ) of forum members who have a new 800w, there have been 6 or 7 replacements. I don't think this is horrible. You may because it happened to your phone, but don't extrapolate your experience and a few others to that of the vast majority of people who have the phone...
    When I picked up my (free) batteries at the sprint store they indicated the biggest reason fro returns was the battery life and they are hoping to stem that by giving out spare centro batteries. I did have a replacement a few days earlier when the tech broke my batter door trying to open it (the replacement doesn't have this problem).

the other main issues seem to be the advertised autonomous gps and the advertised voice command over bluetooth. we are seeing traction on the voice command and with the gps it is likely either palm will respond or people with the right knowledge outside of palm will promulgate a workaround.

those issues aside, I think it is pretty good device and feature set.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    6-7 people in the thread I started. Can you imagine how large that number is now after all that has sold now?

If you read my post I made mention of the Treo returns from the store I was at from the manager. Obviously the number 1 reason is battery life, no surprise. I am a business owner and business user. I am the market this phone was created for. I can speak for others by saying we are not getting business use out of this phone. I would change devices but have nothing to choose from. Mogul has no memory, Touch has no keyboard, the Moto is gone and the ACE is a joke. Tried to talk the manager into a Curve and waiving the extra fee a month for it with no results. So for now stuck with this quality product.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast