Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger0007 View Post
    Finally I got a flat screwdriver to pry open the cover to reset it by removing the battery !! I wish they put reset button outside.

Anyone with similar problem?
    That sucks that you had a issue but dam I can't believe you took a screwdriver to get the battery cover off. I guess there must not be any Sprint stores near you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I also consider myself lucky with no resets. I have done a few hard resets as I have played with the UI, but other than that, no problem at all with stability.
    I guess I'm lucky to. I had a few issues that were user error. lol No resets and no problem at all with the stability.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Well your lucky. The thread I started has 6-7 replaced devices and growing. Half had the same issue I had. That is pretty sad for a brand new device. I had one Mogul for almost a year with zero issues and that's a device people on here make fun of.
    I know your not a Treo hater but I noticed 3 or 4 people that had there 800w replaced in your thread have less then 15 posts. Even if there not Treo Haters there could be a bad batch of 800w which happens with all phones. It seems simple if you had no issues with the Mogul then go back to it. Being a phone junkie for many years now I've realized that if you don't want to deal with a phone that has some bugs then wait 3-5 months after it's released.
    I'm not a Treo hater at all. Love the 700wx. I remember that warm and fuzzy feeling pulling that device out of the box. I was hoping that feeling would return with the 800 but two trips to the Sprint store and the constant battery charging killed it. I actually like this device if only the battery could last me through the day like my other phones do.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I will post this here instead of making a new thread.

Anyways, I've had my fair share of the 800w not responding. It usually happens when I pull it off the charger from a nights charge. Green LED is shown, meaning 90-100% charge, but when I pull it, nothing happens. No sound telling me its off the charger, and no response via the screen or keyboard. I have to pull the battery and do a soft reset. On the soft reset (with this case) I had a Im.exe error and a shell.dll error. This recent reset prompted me to soft reset making the battery level go from 90-100% down to 75%

I dont know, I've had this problem a few times via the charger, and a couple times just out of the blue. On a side note, my battery door seems to be getting a lot easier to slide open now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    I will post this here instead of making a new thread.

Anyways, I've had my fair share of the 800w not responding. It usually happens when I pull it off the charger from a nights charge. Green LED is shown, meaning 90-100% charge, but when I pull it, nothing happens. No sound telling me its off the charger, and no response via the screen or keyboard. I have to pull the battery and do a soft reset. On the soft reset (with this case) I had a Im.exe error and a shell.dll error. This recent reset prompted me to soft reset making the battery level go from 90-100% down to 75%

I dont know, I've had this problem a few times via the charger, and a couple times just out of the blue. On a side note, my battery door seems to be getting a lot easier to slide open now.
    I just called 2 sprint stores that are repair/returns and asked if they did exchanges since I'm having problems (for the same phone), and one said that I would have to go talk to Sprint through the phone for an exchange and another one says they arent a return/exchange store even though they are listed as one.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    When I picked up my (free) batteries at the sprint store they indicated the biggest reason fro returns was the battery life and they are hoping to stem that by giving out spare centro batteries. I did have a replacement a few days earlier when the tech broke my batter door trying to open it (the replacement doesn't have this problem).

the other main issues seem to be the advertised autonomous gps and the advertised voice command over bluetooth. we are seeing traction on the voice command and with the gps it is likely either palm will respond or people with the right knowledge outside of palm will promulgate a workaround.

those issues aside, I think it is pretty good device and feature set.
    Same here. I'd add the ridiculously low LCD brightness and poor incoming and outgoing sound quality. Maybe I should swap mine out since they seem to be having quality control issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    When I picked up my (free) batteries at the sprint store they indicated the biggest reason fro returns was the battery life and they are hoping to stem that by giving out spare centro batteries. I did have a replacement a few days earlier when the tech broke my batter door trying to open it (the replacement doesn't have this problem).

the other main issues seem to be the advertised autonomous gps and the advertised voice command over bluetooth. we are seeing traction on the voice command and with the gps it is likely either palm will respond or people with the right knowledge outside of palm will promulgate a workaround.

those issues aside, I think it is pretty good device and feature set.
    How did you get them to give you extra batteries?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12