1.    #1  
    ok.. I have the treo set to prompt for a password if not used for 2 hours.. thats great.. but.. what if I want to lock the device on the spot, then and there? I tried just going to settings and then lock.. but then you can soft key and cancel and it will go back to the today screen.

Please dont tell me that this cant be done because that would just be plain retarded!
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    You can either set it to 0 minutes so it goes into a lock everything you turn the screen off (red button) or... hmm I think that's the only way.

Why not keep the phone with you? I never understood the need for an on-command lock on a phone. You should either set it to 0 to always keep it locked or keep it with you.

There may be third party software options.
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    Please dont tell me that this cant be done because that would just be plain retarded!
    As per your request, I withdraw my previous post.
  3.    #3  
    on command lock is needed.. I like to just set my phone on the dresser and know that everything is secure
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    This is "somewhat" on topic, but is there a "keyguard" setting? I dont need to lock it, but im comming across a few times where in my pocket it will press a key and auto dial someone.

Sorry if I hi-jack the thread.
    Um, Start->Settings. There will be a keyguard icon staring at you in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Um, Start->Settings. There will be a keyguard icon staring at you in the face.

Parden the blond moment. I completely over looked that damn thing and I looked for it for like 10 mins....

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    damn, mark me as a second person who didnt see that!
    I wanted to lock the screen while on a call, (kept going into time settings while on the phone) and found this with a search. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    on command lock is needed.. I like to just set my phone on the dresser and know that everything is secure
    ... but everything is not secure. Unless you're encrypting everything on your phone (which, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $can$'$t$ $be$ $done$ $at$ $least$ $on$ $the$ $OS$ $side$ $of$ $a$ $WM$ $phone$), $then$ $nothing$ $is$ $secure$ $and$ $it$'$s$ $possible$ $for$ $someone$ $to$ $still$ $get$ $to$ $your$ $data$.