Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In no particular order...

1. Way to Turn off device
    2. Bluetooth headset volume level does not stay memorized. Once I hit volume up or down on the Treo while using the BT headset, the previous setting is magically restored.
    3. Option to control both phone and pda volume together vs separated volume sliders
    4. Windows Mobile occasional screen redraw lag when switching screens. Probably better than older WinMo phones (never owned one), but still occasional noticeable.
    5. Cheap flimsy Sylus
    6. Low earpeice volume
    7. poor earpeice sound quality
    8. Vibration intensity is low.
    9. Alert/Reminder settings sometimes are not remembered (might be an Opere 9.5 beta related issue)
    10. Standalone GPS does not work (http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=167863)
    11. Battery life could be better with screen saver on
    (http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=167804)
    12. No built user friendly method to use LED lights for event notification
    Quote Originally Posted by alphad View Post
    In no particular order...

1. Way to Turn off device

3. Option to control both phone and pda volume together vs separated volume sliders
    I'm confused by #1--all WM Pro devices are like this. You can turn off the radio, but there is no way to turn off the "whole device" without pulling the battery. No real way around that.

Same with #3--all WM Pro devices are like that for a reason--some want their notifications and system alerts louder/quieter than Ringer volume. Same if you are watching a video.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Here's one. I just noticed, and I think this is happening to aixguru also, that my AC backlight timeout and power timeout are being used when I'm on battery power. I checked under HKLM System\State\Battery and it shows correctly that I'm not AC connected. Strange.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm confused by #1--all WM Pro devices are like this. You can turn off the radio, but there is no way to turn off the "whole device" without pulling the battery. No real way around that.

Same with #3--all WM Pro devices are like that for a reason--some want their notifications and system alerts louder/quieter than Ringer volume. Same if you are watching a video.
    #1 maybe a WinMO issue. Like I said, I never owned a WinMo phone before the Treo 800W. Do you pull out the battery when flying or is there a software workaround?

#3 Is there a software workaround that would let me control both volumes together?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Here's one. I just noticed, and I think this is happening to aixguru also, that my AC backlight timeout and power timeout are being used when I'm on battery power. I checked under HKLM System\State\Battery and it shows correctly that I'm not AC connected. Strange.
    At the moment, mine is working.
    Connected to AC = off
    On battery power = 1 min.

On charger, screen doesn't suspend, remove from charger, power off in 1 min.
    It was not working and I tested many times, the only thing I did was to change the powermanagement settings in the registry(4 places), then changed them back to original values, then ran PMclean program and it started working properly. Not sure what fixed it.
    1. Just shut down the radio. Phone won't ring, phone is useless, no need to pull the battery.

2. Bluetooth memory does not save. I have the same issue everytime I make a call. Always have to turn it up. I believe this is with regular non-BT calls as well.

3. Nope synced volume. No PDA I have ever owned had this.

4. You don't know what lag is. Get a Mogul and this issue will be crossed off your list.

5. I haven't used a stylus in years. I've never used this one nor do I ever plan on it. I bet Ebay has steel ones shortly.

6. Low volume in the headset does suck. For better quality I just turn it down.

7. The quality is decent. I've had worse quality sounding device before. This one isn't all that bad but not the greatest either.

8. Since my device vibrated itself off my nightstand yesterday I don't find this to be true. I know the females dig high intensity vibration.

9. I use Hannip's Treo Alert. Never have any problems since the installation of that app. Thanks Hannip!

10. I've read all the threads about this. Since I've yet to run into an issue of not getting a GPS signal I find it useless to complain about it.

11. Battery life is Horrid! No excuse on this one. You don't use anything under 1500mAH in a business oriented device. It's 2:55 right now and mine is on the charger. Two times a day minimum so far for me.

12. Treo Alerts take care of this. The LED light has a meaning now.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Email notification: does not wake-up/display on screen even though set to do this. Also related, new email does not show notification icon when on screen saver.
    #1 maybe a WinMO issue. Like I said, I never owned a WinMo phone before the Treo 800W. Do you pull out the battery when flying or is there a software workaround?
    If flying, just hold down the Red button to turn off the radio--that's all that is needed by FCC regulations (and don't have BT/Wifi on).

The PDA part is "always on" and will (very, very slowly) still drain the battery unless you pull the battery (recommended for long term storage or for complete battery preservation).
    #3 Is there a software workaround that would let me control both volumes together?
    Not really that I know of...it's not a "feature" many request

Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Email notification: does not wake-up/display on screen even though set to do this. Also related, new email does not show notification icon when on screen saver.
    If it's Exchange email, it won't turn on the screen...that's a default WM behavior.

Not sure if that's what you have.

That is not true at all, and is a MAJOR flaw IMO. My last phone, an HTC Wizard, was a WM Pro device and holding down the power button shut it off totally. Thanks to the awful/unpredictable battery life, I was down to 10% the other day and had to take a 1.5 hour car ride. I shut the radio off to save the rest of the battery in case of an emergency but it still died anyway. Since the phone can shut itself off if the battery gets too low, I'm confident there has to be a way to do it manually, although I have no idea how.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr56 View Post
    That is not true at all, and is a MAJOR flaw IMO. My last phone, an HTC Wizard, was a WM Pro device and holding down the power button shut it off totally. Thanks to the awful/unpredictable battery life, I was down to 10% the other day and had to take a 1.5 hour car ride. I shut the radio off to save the rest of the battery in case of an emergency but it still died anyway. Since the phone can shut itself off if the battery gets too low, I'm confident there has to be a way to do it manually, although I have no idea how.
    Edit: then that phone is an exception

PocketPCs generally don't have a button you can press to turn them all the way to Off. But if you pull out the batteries (because of Persistent Storage, more WM5 devices will have removable batteries), they'll turn Off completely. By and large, however, when the device seems to be "Off," he's really just asleep.

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...01/446240.aspx
    Last edited by Malatesta; 07/21/2008 at 03:43 PM.

I am having a similar problem in that the timeout function is not working at all. The screen dims but it won't turn off at the desired time I've set.

I'm still stuck on AC timeouts.

Also another bug not on this list is that incoming phone calls don't always interrupt the data connection when on EVDO and go straight to voicemail. I don't recall having this issue with my 700wx. Anyone else having this issue?
    I'm still stuck on AC timeouts.

Also another bug not on this list is that incoming phone calls don't always interrupt the data connection when on EVDO and go straight to voicemail. I don't recall having this issue with my 700wx. Anyone else having this issue?
    The timeout function was working previously but I did a hard reset and now it it doesn't work. I hope it'll be a confirmed bug that can be fixed. I don't even have as much stuff installed as previously:

1. Garmin Mobile XT
    2. Opera Mobile 8.65
    3. Spb Weather
    4. Dinarsoft Memmaid
    5. MS Live Search
    My wife told me not to call her anymore from my new phone, it sounds awful. So I did some testing and indeed the transmit is really of bad quality.
    No headset or speaker phone, just using the built-in mic on the 800w. Sitting in a quite room sounds better than driving, but in the car sounds the worst.
    Anybody else notice any of this?
    I did when I was in a low signal area, it sounded really bad. Where I live and work it seems ok tho.
    If it's Exchange email, it won't turn on the screen...that's a default WM behavior.

Not sure if that's what you have.

Yes, it is Exchange. So, what is the 'Display Message on Screen' setting for under 'Sounds and Notifications' (for when a new email message arrives)?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I think someone needs to organize all these issues reported by users into one thread/post.

and, just as importantly, into the following categories:

1.) issues that are inherent to the phone and will not be fixed (except mabye hardware revision)

2.) issues that can be fixed with 3rd party software or a tweak on the phone (and list fixes/suggestions)

3.) issues that can likely be fixed with a palm software/firmware update

4.) issues that may be a candidate for a fix via palm software/firmware update, i.e., items that require more investigation

I may do this myself, but I am super busy at the moment. I may try to in a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Yes, it is Exchange. So, what is the 'Display Message on Screen' setting for under 'Sounds and Notifications' (for when a new email message arrives)?
    If you get a message and turn on the device quick enough, you'll see the pop up notification for it--which is what that is for (you'll also have the default "Notification" button for the left key, which allows you to see basic email inf).

Using a regular POP3 or IMAP account will allow the screen to turn on when a message arrives.

Why is this? One of the biggest drains on WM Pro devices is turning the device on/off (from standby)--and since people using Exchange presumably get a lot of email, this was one way to make it more efficient.

Using something like PhoneAlarm can usually bypass this though if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    My wife told me not to call her anymore from my new phone, it sounds awful. So I did some testing and indeed the transmit is really of bad quality.
    No headset or speaker phone, just using the built-in mic on the 800w. Sitting in a quite room sounds better than driving, but in the car sounds the worst.
    Anybody else notice any of this?
    Yes. Very bad incoming and outgoing sound quality. Certainly not a good phone for anyone making important business calls.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast