Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm just curious. I know I'm not posting as feverishly as I was a week ago. Have people started to settle into their Treo? For me, I had to take mine back a few days after I got it due to a camera failure, but since then my experience has progressively improved.

The battery is improving! Yesterday, I took it off the charger at 8am, and now at 4:55am the next day, it's almost dead. I used it lightly, but this is a far cry from the draining that occurred within 3-4 hours when I first got it. Some of that may be attributed to getting to know the device; now I'm not fiddling with it as much since I'm comfortable with it; I'm back to my normal usage pattern. I'd almost rather continue carrying a spare battery and using my car/desk chargers than get an extended "hump" battery like I had with the Mogul. I like to keep it slim and nice looking.

Every Treo I've had has needed to be customized and this is no exception, but overall, I'm very happy and am now ready to sell my Mogul.

How about you, have you calmed down now and are now happy with the device?
    I'm happy... This thing is so fast I could never go back to my Q9c.

Did I mention the 800w is FAST?

Todd/Indy
    Last edited by tbhausen; 07/21/2008 at 07:12 AM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Yep I myself am pretty happy with the device as well. Lucky for me so far I haven't experienced some of the "bugs" other users have reported.
    Listed the Mogul last night, ready to get that brick out of here!
    My 700wx is very close to being retired from caddy duties. I'm surprised I was able to get almost everything over, re-registered, and working so quickly.

And yes, it's fast. Sometimes I run apps that would have required a 2 second delay on the 700wx, and am surprised that they come up instantly.

I have everything that I need (except Nyditot and a working PocketGBA and SmartGear), and have 100MB free ROM, 3GB free on the card, and have never run below 30MB free. This is the best device on the market.

Once we get a fix for the headset volume (or I buy a new headset), I can retire old faithful (700wx) and sell it on eBay.
    Last edited by skfny; 07/21/2008 at 08:05 AM.
    I've been playing with it virtually non-stop since Friday. I'm very happy with mine - but then, I've been very happy with all of my Treos.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I'm happy with mine for the most part. There are some things that I would like to see improved (like a higher capacity thin battery). Overall, I'm VERY happy with the 800w.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Love mine! It's quickly become my favorite pda/phone.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I've been playing with it virtually non-stop since Friday. I'm very happy with mine - but then, I've been very happy with all of my Treos.
    This is the first Treo since the 650 that can truly be called market-leading. I can't honestly say I was this happy the 700p. It was really just a series of bug fixes for the 650.

I AM happy with the 800w, and it surprises me in ways that no phone since the 650 has. It has the specs. It has the performance. Once we get some hacks for some of the fixable issues (headset volume, battery, resolution incompatibilities, GPS), it will be close to perfect.
    Over all very pleased with it, as pleased as I was with the 600, the 700P and Centro. I got use to the better side of Palm via some excellent applications that are not available; however, life continues.
    i love my device
    Best Treo so far, period.
    Can't wait to unload my Mogul on some poor chap.
    Actually, I'm going to say the reason I'm selling is b/c the Mogul is a piece of phone crap.
  12.    #12  
    Excellent comments! It's near 100% perfect for me. Little things like the map utility on the front screen; being able to type in a business or just the word "gas" quickly and have the info come up to either call or to navigate to the location is amazing.

Another small feature that I love is that I can type in one of my contacts on the front page. When their name comes up, I can click on it and I get options to call, or map their address, then I can quickly navigate to their location. This is EXCELLENT because Sprint Navigation itself doesn't link directly to your contacts unless you import them in, and then you have to keep doing it to keep it updated. I was playing with this feature this morning and I'm blown away at how quickly you can start navigating to your friend's house or a business.

OZ Messenger is working GREAT. I just use Yahoo with it and it's so fantastic.

There are so many other things, but I won't hog up the forum space. The benefits definitely outweigh the negatives (hear that Slingmedia?)
    I still have major battery issues. With bluetooth and wi-fi off all day, screen saver off, 5 minutes total phone use and every 2 hour active sync I am down to 10% after 7 hours..whoops make that 9%, err I mean 8%...you get the idea.
    Last edited by weisshb; 07/21/2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added info
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshb View Post
    I still have major battery issues. With bluetooth and wi-fi off all day, 5 minutes phone use and every 2 hour active sync I am down to 10% after 7 hours..whoops make that 9%, err I mean 8%...you get the idea.
    Screen Saver status: On/off?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    With BT and Wifi on, and 2 hour active sync, that's about what I'd expect for the 800w.

I saw a huge hit in battery life when I used 2 hour active sync with my 700wx. I switched to manual, and just synced when I need it, for very little hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Screen Saver status: On/off?
    Screen saver OFF (as was suggested by others)
    I really enjoy my 800w. The BB Curve I had prior to this was great, but in terms of surfing and addon applications, it was rather limited.

Like everybody else - battery life and a better stylus.
    I've seen that my device doesn't always suspend even though my power settings are set to shut down after 1 min of inactivity. Not sure what's going on there. I have my A/C settings set to not turn off, but it's suppose to turn off when on battery. hmm
    I am extremely happy with the 800w. It's a great phone.

However, I am EXTREMELY unhappy and frustrated with its battery. I have Direct Push with Active Sync on all day and within 4 hours and maybe one call that lasted 2 minutes, my power is at 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I've seen that my device doesn't always suspend even though my power settings are set to shut down after 1 min of inactivity. Not sure what's going on there. I have my A/C settings set to not turn off, but it's suppose to turn off when on battery. hmm
    That was also happening to me, I believe there is some kind of bug but haven't quite figured it out yet. When my 800w wasn't suspending, battery was terrible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast