Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Zbop has a working version now. You can get it here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=173744

Pulling the cab for now. To many issues with the screen freaking out on suspend. I'll let you know when the next version is available.

Here it is. Download this cab and install.

After installation you will see the Treo Keylight program in your Start->Programs. Just click and watch your keylights turn off. Click again and watch them turn on.

The default mode is to toggle the keylights, but the following parameters are also supported:

-on
    -off

-on or -1 turns keylights on.
    -off or -0 turns them off.

Notes: Since the backlight driver controls both the backlight and keylight whenever you change the screen brightness your keylights will turn back on if they were off. Just run Treo Keylight again to turn it back off.

Let me know if you have any issues with it or if you want some added feature.
    Last edited by hannip; 11/12/2008 at 07:05 AM. Reason: problems on suspend. pulled for now
    hannip....I knew you would be one of the programmers I could count on to get the 800 taylored to how I like it!!! Are you looking into a hidelogo type app as well? That is something I know I will be looking for!!!!

Thanks again!!!!

this prob does save battery life huh

how do you do this? i downloaded it... extracted... now i have 3 things. do i just transfer all 3 of these to my treo?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyacecandy View Post
    this prob does save battery life huh

how do you do this? i downloaded it... extracted... now i have 3 things. do i just transfer all 3 of these to my treo?
    No extracting needed. Just download the cab file and run it on your treo to start the install.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    hannip....I knew you would be one of the programmers I could count on to get the 800 taylored to how I like it!!! Are you looking into a hidelogo type app as well? That is something I know I will be looking for!!!!

Thanks again!!!!
    Haven't looked at hidelogo yet. Got a few other things lined up before I could get to that. Maybe someone else will tackle that before I get to it.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Nicely done. Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Haven't looked at hidelogo yet. Got a few other things lined up before I could get to that. Maybe someone else will tackle that before I get to it.
    I'll be watching!! You usually put out quality stuff!!!

I hope you don't mind that I spread the wealth to the guys over at PPCGeeks as well....(giving you full credit of course!!!)!!

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I'll be watching!! You usually put out quality stuff!!!

I hope you don't mind that I spread the wealth to the guys over at PPCGeeks as well....(giving you full credit of course!!!)!!
    I don't mind, but I don't monitor ppcgeeks very often. I'll check in from time to time. Thx.
    Brilliant, hannip... Thanks--this is a "must have" utility for our 800w's, especially when watching streaming TV at night.

Todd/Indy
    Definitely a MUST HAVE! Now the battery life can be extended!!!
    Thanks, this is gonna be great for TCPMP as well...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Hannip,

Any chance you could configure the program like the old one that Bruce from pocketmax whipped up?

http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=3209.0

He had command line options so that you could make to shortcuts, one for on and one for off. Found it very useful when setting up profiles with his other prog, phonealarm.

Thanks for your efforts. You are awesome. +1 on hidelogo. and TreoAlert of course!! Need some coffee?? Thanks again!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by overbyc1 View Post
    Hannip,

Any chance you could configure the program like the old one that Bruce from pocketmax whipped up?

http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=3209.0

He had command line options so that you could make to shortcuts, one for on and one for off. Found it very useful when setting up profiles with his other prog, phonealarm.

Thanks for your efforts. You are awesome. +1 on hidelogo. and TreoAlert of course!! Need some coffee?? Thanks again!
    hehe, sure, that's an easy one. I'll upload a new cab with the command line parameters support.
    Right on. Thanks again!
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Damn mobile version of TC doesn't so attachments! Grrrrr.

On the otherhand, thank you very much hannip.
  16.    #16  
    I've added parameter support. Cab updated in first post.
    This thing rocks!! I noticed after install that sometimes when I hit the red button, the screen doesn't shut off all the way (or go to the screen saver), and sometimes, when it does take me to the screen saver, or coming out of the screen saver, I get the inverse colors on the screen saver (white back, black numbers).

I am not anywhere close to knowledgeable enough to know if the program is contributing to these minor bugs, but thought I'd bring them up.

Set the program to my side button for quick access! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    This thing rocks!! I noticed after install that sometimes when I hit the red button, the screen doesn't shut off all the way (or go to the screen saver), and sometimes, when it does take me to the screen saver, or coming out of the screen saver, I get the inverse colors on the screen saver (white back, black numbers).

I am not anywhere close to knowledgeable enough to know if the program is contributing to these minor bugs, but thought I'd bring them up.

Set the program to my side button for quick access! Thanks!
    Ok, same thing happened to me. I was wondering about that..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Ok, same thing happened to me. I was wondering about that..
    Also seem to be getting random screen wake ups, never happened before. Still worth it.
  20.    #20  
    Ack, I haven't turned off my treo all night since I had the sync cable plugged in. hmm, wonder why it's acking like that. I'll investigate.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast