Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    that's what i figured. can you post (or email me the link) so i can do so. i don't have the original install.

thanks! this prog will be great!
    Here it is No changes from the initial one so same issues. Use at your own risk.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    thanks hannip. going to try it now...
    I was just wondering if this was still being worked on?
  4.    #64  
    Yeah, I have a few more things to try. It's still on the to-do list.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I was just thinking about the keyboard lights, and hannip's program seems to be the closest thing. I'm sure Treo Alert is keeping him busy, but I thought it might be worth checking back in.

Sorry to rez a dead thread, but I thought it might be better than starting a new one.

K--
  6.    #66  
    Yeah, I tried several things to get this to work right. I have one more thing to try, but no time to play right now. Stupid work. :-/
    i too would love to have this. anything to conserve battery
    I loved the mortscript on the 700wx "Start Keylight Off"
    Hope this gets back on the burner soon
    Hannip,

What's the registry key is the one that needs to be changed to turn the light on/off?
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Hannip,

What's the registry key is the one that needs to be changed to turn the light on/off?
    There are 2 reg values that are used to hold the brightness level for the backlight and keylight. These are used to remember the settings on reboot. Changing them will do nothing until the driver is reloaded.

Code:
    		displayLevel = RegReadDWord(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, L"Drivers\\BuiltIn\\Backlight", L"PwmDisplayBrightnessLevel" );
    		keypadLevel = RegReadDWord(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, L"Drivers\\BuiltIn\\Backlight", L"PwmKeypadBrightnessLevel" );
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Is this to turn off the keyboard lights? Yah how do I turn it off?
  13.    #73  
    yes, the app will do it, but there were side effects when putting the phone in suspend. The only way it works without side effects is to run it and soft reset.
    This was the 700wx keylight mortscript:

Keylight On:

Code:
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 0 )

Keylight Off

Code:
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 4 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 0 )

Is there any way to adapt that to the 800w?
  15.    #75  
    If it were only that simple. The 700wx had a separate driver just for the keylights so it was easy to just power down the driver to turn it off.

On the 800w Palm in their infinite wisdom combined the backlight and keylight to use the same driver. So if you power down the driver you lose both the keylight and backlight.
    not sure if it will help, but psShutXp seems to be able to turn of the backlight and keypad without any strange side effects.

http://ppcsoft.narod.ru/english/
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Was hoping Palm woild tell me what IOCTL calls their backlight driver supports, but no response yet. I'll try a few more things. Maybe Bruce will beat me to the punch.
    I don't have a Treo 800w so not "much" chance of that - though if someone wants to send me an email for test version we can see if my hack worked

Email to "support AT pocketmax.net" for Keylight if you are interested

Bruce (pocketMax)
    Quote Originally Posted by djohnson7 View Post
    not sure if it will help, but psShutXp seems to be able to turn of the backlight and keypad without any strange side effects.

http://ppcsoft.narod.ru/english/
    Cool. But we don't need the backlight to turn off along with the keyboard lights, we want only the keyboard lights. We don't need the keyboard lights on if we have sufficient ambient lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by pocketmax View Post
    I don't have a Treo 800w so not "much" chance of that - though if someone wants to send me an email for test version we can see if my hack worked

Email to "support AT pocketmax.net" for Keylight if you are interested

Bruce (pocketMax)
    That was my post on your forum regarding support for the 800w. I just performed a hard reset and exported the registry, which I'l email to you.
    So, since Palm moronically combined the backlight and keylight, are we screwed? I have watching CorePlayer with keylights.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinker3932 View Post
    So, since Palm moronically combined the backlight and keylight, are we screwed? I have watching CorePlayer with keylights.
    It certainly makes it harder. Did anyone try Bruce's hack?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast