Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    No problems post-uninstall here. Never saw the "multiple colors"... betting the culprit is something other than Keylights.

Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    After checking and unchecking all (battery and external power) backlight settings and numerous resets it seems the backlight is now operating normally.

Not sure if there's another piece of conflicting software but after installing this app the backlight behavior changed. Most noticeably was the random and fading colors when the backlight timer kicked in.
    Hannip and crew...while you guys are working on it, would it be possible to fix that screen flash, when turning the keyboard lights on/off?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Hannip and crew...while you guys are working on it, would it be possible to fix that screen flash, when turning the keyboard lights on/off?
    Yeah, that screen flash was only there due to unloading and reloading the backlight driver. The next version is most likely going to use IOCTL so no screen flicker should occur.
    Sweet app Hannip
  6. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    Following the installation the first time the backlight timer activated the screen blanked with multiple colors and slowly faded away.
    For what it is worth, I had the multiple colors syndrome too but without Keylight installed. I can't say for certain that keylight did not cause this for you, but I can certainly say that it did not cause it for me.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Sweet app Hannip
    It will be. I reused the SlingHann Treo Keylight icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It will be. I reused the SlingHann Treo Keylight icon.
    We spent many all nighters building apps for WX ...I miss morting with you hannip
    If Palm gets there act together for 850/900WM I will be a Palm WM user again and with that comes mort freedom
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    We spent many all nighters building apps for WX ...I miss morting with you hannip
    If Palm gets there act together for 850/900WM I will be a Palm WM user again and with that comes mort freedom
    Yeah fun times. Mort's been hard at work. I haven't caught up with all of his changes yet. 900WM? Haven't heard of that one yet. Think it'll be a loooong time before you see that one.
    Where do you download this ??
  11.    #51  
    It has been pulled due to bad things happening during suspend. New version to come.
    AHh thanks for the heads up.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    any idea when it will be back? this little prog is the best thing since sliced bread
  14.    #54  
    Was hoping Palm woild tell me what IOCTL calls their backlight driver supports, but no response yet. I'll try a few more things. Maybe Bruce will beat me to the punch.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    i uninstalled and my keyboard backlight dont work anymore. now what???
    This type of program was the first thing I installed on my 700p. DEFINITELY cant wait for a program like this for WM
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    i uninstalled and my keyboard backlight dont work anymore. now what???
    reinstall, enable keylights, soft reset, uninstall.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    This type of program was the first thing I installed on my 700p. DEFINITELY cant wait for a program like this for WM
    I've tried guessing the IOCTL calls, but no luck so far. I'll download the WM6 sdk to see if there are any clues there. Palm doesn't want to give up the info for some reason.
    I've tried guessing the IOCTL calls, but no luck so far. I'll download the WM6 sdk to see if there are any clues there. Palm doesn't want to give up the info for some reason.
    Typical Palm move !!! Good luck hannip, and thanks for the effort your putting into it!!!

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    reinstall, enable keylights, soft reset, uninstall.
    that's what i figured. can you post (or email me the link) so i can do so. i don't have the original install.

thanks! this prog will be great!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast