1.    #1  
    Ok so I have a phone addiction so I decided to pick up the 800w today. I've had the 755 p, Centro, several Blackberries so I'm not new to the smartphone world but im totally new to the world of Window's Mobile. So I tried to use active sync except when I put the cd in...it doesnt give me any option to sync. So I tried to download activesync myself...it went all the way through and then said i needed xp...well i have vista...what do i do now? Also I had no problem downloading my ringtones but where can I download some free themes...I found a link and it had me register for handango so I was midway when it asked for my credit card...thats a little risky I dont like putting that out there. There has to be a free download site...ok so once someone directs me there I'm guessing i cant dl it ota like on my blackberry right? I need to sync it do put it on the phone? Well I can't even sync my phone now. Sorry for all the confusion but I am so lost. Maybe someone can help!
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    So I tried to download activesync myself...it went all the way through and then said i needed xp...well i have vista...what do i do now? :
    With Vista you need to run Windows Mobile Device Center....pretty sure you can google it and find it...
  3.    #3  
    thanks...now i downloaded that and ive connected my phone and its saying not connected...any advice?
    thanks...now i downloaded that and ive connected my phone and its saying not connected...any advice?
    Yeah, I've had some weirdness with this too and have been opening WMDC, then plugging in the phone, and vice versa....I haven't kept really good track which works better, but think there is some difference there....play with it a bit and change usb ports on your computer if you have more than one...
  5.    #5  
    so where do i get themes from and how do i put them on the phone?
    There are some here http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-tag-theme.html ....Google is your friend

Just put them on your phone (in memory or storage card) via WMDC (or I've emailed them to myself and simply downloaded that way), then go to today settings>appearance and they should show up.

You can also make your own - I had no idea how to do this two days ago, but this site makes it fairly easy-

http://ppcthemeonweb.benthon.com/ChoixFormatThemeEn.php
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167564
  8.    #8  
    thanks for the help just needed to be pointed in the right direction
    thanks for the help just needed to be pointed in the right direction
    No problem, this board has been a great resource....I hardly knew any of this a few days ago.
  10.    #10  
    i downloaded a theme but i dont see it in the settings appearance menu...do i need to restart?