Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been sync'ing through active sync for the past few days and all of a sudden the computer doesn't recognize the device anymore. Active sync doesn't react and doesn't find the device when its connected.

I did a soft and hard reset to no avail. I have no idea what to do next. Any ideas?
    I have the same issue every now and then. I can't figure out what the issue is.
    I get this on rare occassions. I usually go to Task Manager and end WCSESCOMM.EXE and WCESMGR.exe, then restart Activesync on the PC. Or else, just reboot the computer.
    I don't think wm6 and above devices are reognized by Active sync 4.5. I had a 700wx syncing with activesync 4.2 (great because it can access the exchange server through activesync). I flashed the 700wx to a wm6 ROM (Ebaggs testing 5) and then active syn didn't recognize it. I uninstalled 4.2, installed 4.5 and it worked fine....but it can't connect to the exchange server through activesync. Why is that w/ 4.5?
    I've had this problem on my Mac using Missing Sync. I haven't found a cause or a solution - but I wiggled the cord left and right and it recognized. I'm hoping it isn't a bad connector but try that.
    If i close all programs it sometimes works. Ifnot, I unploug the USB cable and plug it back in and it almost always works.
    Laissez Faire
  7.    #7  
    Hey guys. Thanks for all your replies and advice.

This is what I did for those having the same issue.

I simply kept re-installing both ActiveSync(Control Panel) AND my USB drivers.
    I soft and hard resetted my treo 800w.
    Combined with fierce restarting.

It seems it's just a matter of refreshing the connection. I hope this saves someone the long weekend I spent trying to fix it.
    That's not a real fix, though. I keep having this problem on all the computers I connect it to. Is anyone else having this issue? It's really getting on my nerves.
    If I unplug and replug over and over, it eventually detects the device.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I've seen the same thing.

unfortunatly, it seems like it would be one of those issues that would be hard to pinpoint and solve for a Palm engineer / developer...

Try turning off advanced network functionality in USB settings.
    Yirk - That's kind of depressing :-)
    I just encountered the same problem starting this morning. The computer/Active Sync doesn't recognize that my 800w is connected.

What makes it weird is that the phone still makes the sound as if it's been connected to a power source or the computer.

This was working just fine for 7 days and all of a sudden....
    I started having the same problem yesterday: device sounds but pc doesn't reflect any device attached.
    Also having the issue...I keep trying different things - starting WMDC first, then plugging in the phone, vice versa, screwing with stuff. I seem to find that if I plug in and nothing happens, if I go to my connection settings and merely open the USB to PC and then close it, without checking the box, the screen kinda flips out a bit and then the box comes up letting me know its connecting....of course as I post this, just had to reset, plugged it back in and it connected no problem, so who knows. Thought I'd throw this out there to see if it works for anyone else???
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I've been having the issue as well, but someone suggested turning off advanced networking options in connection settings and that seems to have solved the issue, at least during my limited test today:

Settings\Connections\USB to PC\ UNcheck Enable advanced network functionality.

This also had the effect of finally adding the safe remove hardware icon in Vista that hadn't been there previously...

Levi
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    my guess is it's microsoft related (vista users??)
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    same problem here. I uninstalled/reinstalled Activesync from the included CD, did a soft reset on the phone . . . nothing seemed to work. I took dvdmon's recommendation, and voila, instant recognition. Only problem now is that it didn't try to actually sync my calendar, contacts, etc. It just made it possible to access the device.

grr.
    Last edited by pimphand; 07/23/2008 at 11:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pimphand View Post
    same problem here. I uninstalled/reinstalled Activesync from the included CD, did a soft reset on the phone . . . nothing seemed to work. I took dvdmon's recommendation, and voila, instant recognition. Only problem now is that it didn't try to actually sync my calendar, contacts, etc. It just made it possible to access the device.

grr.

Hmmm, can you not just hit the sync button in the WM device center on your PC?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I haven't had time to check this out, but this morning, in frustration, I hit the little plastic thing that looks like a button on the micro usb connector and suddenly the pc recognized the phone. I know I probably only caused a better contact, but .....
    I'm having the problem at work and that box was unchecked. Checking and unchecking seems to have no effect. This is on my work laptop with XP SP2

I should say that the device connects to laptop and is powering, but PC isn't recognizing it's there
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast