1.    #1  
    Hi,

On all of my other Treos, I was able to set an automatic "bcc" to myself, in order to keep a record of sent emails. With my 800W, I can't seem to do this (which is a problem because sent emails show up on my IMAP server as blank messages, with no text or record of who the message was sent to).

Any idea of how to put in a "bcc" notification, without doing it manually with every message?

Thanks,
    David
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I searched for it myself , there seems to be no way to do it.
  3.    #3  
    I figured as much. My work email service (First Class) is a pain - we don't do anything as smart as use Exchange, or even Outlook. I tried Flexmail, Seven, and Mobipush. Nothing works with my email, so I'm stuck with the built-in app. Saving emails is essential, so I guess I'm just manually bcc'ing myself.

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I have been lookin for this as well. Manually adding it (and remembering to do it) each time is a pain. Does anyone know of a 3rd party email app that includes this?
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Bump
    Most IMAP mail servers and applications send a copy to the "Sent" folder on the server - that happens using ChatterEmail and FlexMail and there are specific entries in both applications for BCCs.

What error message(s) are you getting?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Most IMAP mail servers and applications send a copy to the "Sent" folder on the server - that happens using ChatterEmail and FlexMail and there are specific entries in both applications for BCCs.

I'm using the built-in email program, and there doesn't seem to be a place for auto-BCC's....I can manually put it in with every message, but that's pretty tedious.

I did not notice that and yes, there is no default setting for it. I was very happy to get away from Pocket Outgloom when I started using FlexMail.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post

In everyone.net you can log into the online account (admin account at everyone.net) and send all your outbound mail to any email account. It is a fairly cool feature.

Not sure if other email products offer this feature... I know bclinger also uses everyone.net so I quoted him....

Of course, you must own the domain on everyone.net.....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    If you are not locked in to using PocketGloom, take a spin with FlexMail. There were a "few" things I really missed when I got the 800W (4th WM device and the only one that I liked enough to use more than a few days) and one of those things was PUSH mail. I have avoided using 3rd party sites in the past and when tried, they worked, but what happens if the site fails - another added step. Not being an Outlook user with no intention of using Outlook, a search was required and a few applications tried.

I ended up with FlexMail - it gives the same performance as ChatterEmail, though it takes a bit of time with a large attachment or email and therefore I no longer have it set to download attachments with the email. In addition it also provides for bcc; however, as Everyone.net and a few other sites automagically copy sent emails to their "Sent" folder, it is not necessary to set that feature up within the application.

I have 3 IMAP accounts, though only 2 are active with the 3rd (inactive) one set to forward to my Everyone.net account. Also, GMail's IMAP does good for a free system, as does AOL, though there are restrictions with the AOL system. Another good and very fast system is Fastmail, though it costs more than Everyone.net, especially if you are a heavy email user (and that I am).
    For new emails you can create a shortcut to \windows\tmail.exe and provide the -bcc parameter.

Steps
    Use Resco File Exploror. Set options to show file extensions and rom files (Options->General, Browser tab)
    - Navigate to \Windows\tmail.exe, press dpad center button and hold for popup menu. Select Copy.
    - Navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and paste a shortcut (Menu->Edit->Paste Shortcut)
    - Rename the shortcut to something like "Compose Email"
    - Edit the file Properties from popup menu and click on Shortcut tab. Append parameters to the Target path to add bcc and specify email account and empty "to". Example shortcut target for AOL account.

"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "AOL" -to "" -bcc "abc123@aol.com"

If using Outlook E-mail specify the service as "ActiveSync", otherwise use name you gave your email account.

At this point the shortcut is accessible from Start->Programs, but you can add it to the start menu via Menus settings app, or assign it to a button via Buttons settings app, or add it to your favorite launcher.

When run it will open a compose form with the bcc prefilled.

Doesn't help with replies though.