Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone done this to get phone as modem to work?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30265
    Yes and I can absolutely verify that it does indeed work 100% Follow the directions to a tee. That means change those values that say power vision to Sprint PCS
    What is this 'Schapp's' that post mentions?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I did the hack also. I noticed that the DLL in the "Extension" string wasn't labelled isext.dll as listed on the site. So I deleted the "Extension" string entry anyway. I made the change to Sprint PCS on the other 2 keys and waited 3 minutes as suggested then rebooted.

When I checked for the changes it still said "Power Vision" instead of "Sprint PCS". It still worked fine. I think deleting the DLL reference in the registry did the trick for me. Anyone else see the same thing?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    What is this 'Schapp's' that post mentions?
    I don't know. I think it is a cab file to make the changes for you. It wasn't needed though. The fix worked without the Schapp's mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt3r View Post
    Has anyone done this to get phone as modem to work?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30265
    I have resco registry editor but have never used it. Can anyone tell me exactly how to do this?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Deleting the 'Extension' string is all I needed. It was the same for my Mogul as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    Deleting the 'Extension' string is all I needed. It was the same for my Mogul as well...
    So this is confirmed on multiple devices and no billing repercussions have occurred?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So this is confirmed on multiple devices and no billing repercussions have occurred?
    That would be nice. So this would mean that we do not need to use PDAnet or WMFIrouter?

By the way can we do this wireless through Bluetooth or does it have to have the umbilical cord.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    That would be nice. So this would mean that we do not need to use PDAnet or WMFIrouter?

By the way can we do this wireless through Bluetooth or does it have to have the umbilical cord.
    I'll use the umbilical cord just to keep the thing charged... ;-)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

yes this is working for me too!
    So, no need to make the other changes? All we need to do is delete the Extension string and reboot?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    OK, I was able to make the registry changes, and I download the Config tools, but I cannot find the option in the tools to disable phone as a modem. Anyone else have a problem with this step?

EDIT: Well, I was able to use it as a modem. I do not know if sprint is going to recognize it and chartg me though. Guess I can only wait and see.
    Last edited by GMSchiller; 07/26/2008 at 04:22 PM.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Open PIE(Pocket Internet Explorer for those who don't know) and navigate to any page you like. This will connect your phone to the internet using the "Sprint PCS" connection. Once it is connected, close PIE and disconnect.

Using a registry editor, make the following changes:

HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
    Delete this string: Extension - isext.dll
    Hmm...I don't have this string; in the internetsharing folder is just IcsHelper.dll
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Hmm...I don't have this string; in the internetsharing folder is just IcsHelper.dll
    second that
    Then, using Schaps Advanced Configuration tool V2.1, disable the Phone as modem connection completely. Your phone will now connect to "Sprint PCS" for internet sharing and you will be good to go. Sprint will be none the wiser.
    Can someone help how to exactly accomplish this (I'm an old POS guy)? Have installed and opened the Advanced Config Cab found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=317070

I open Advanced Config, but what am I looking for? The "private interface for Internet Sharing" line under "Data Connections?" Not certain which to select, and then what action under the menu to take to allow it to be "disabled"
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    I deleted the
    Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll
    but whenever I hit connect in the internet sharing app it pops up the Connecting dialog but never connects. It just says Dialing #777, and keeps looping. then it says cannot connect, the remote party has ended this session.

My data works on the phone fine.
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> PPC6700 --> Treo 700WX --> Treo 800W --> Pre.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww View Post
    I deleted the
    Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll
    but whenever I hit connect in the internet sharing app it pops up the Connecting dialog but never connects. It just says Dialing #777, and keeps looping. then it says cannot connect, the remote party has ended this session.
    The procedure worked for me. Did you wait the three to four minutes before performing a soft reset?
    I waited a few minutes, no dice.

Now my My Documents folder just got renamed to "My D/cuments" by itself, palms foreign support center says hard reset. Time to customize my software all over again...
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> PPC6700 --> Treo 700WX --> Treo 800W --> Pre.
    I tried deleting the string and waiting. When you soft reset the same string reappears in the registry.

I called Sprint earlier today about this. supposdly they have disabled ICS connections for the 800w (and possibly other devices) for the time being. They are trying to decide how to reintroduce it. The rep I spoke with was very in the know and even hinted that they MAY include some degree of tethering in the SEP plans. They are just tryingot figure out the impact of doing that.
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT w/UConnect
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast