Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww View Post
    I deleted the
    HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
    Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll
    but whenever I hit connect in the internet sharing app it pops up the Connecting dialog but never connects. It just says Dialing #777, and keeps looping. then it says cannot connect, the remote party has ended this session.

    My data works on the phone fine.

    Did you edit the other two strings? I didn't do the avanced config edit though I did give it a go. I just couldn't find the setting described. However, with just the edited strings above I was able to get it to work. Now, the only question is... did sprint "see" me connect when I tried it...

    I'm going to connect for a few minutes (like 5 mins and do some light surfing) then call them with some story. Maybe my son was playing with my phone and used a feature that he shouldn't have... and I though he might have used the "internet sharing" feature... hmmmm. then we can see if there are any charges to my account. Might work.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller View Post
    Did you edit the other two strings? I didn't do the avanced config edit though I did give it a go. I just couldn't find the setting described. However, with just the edited strings above I was able to get it to work. Now, the only question is... did sprint "see" me connect when I tried it...

    I'm going to connect for a few minutes (like 5 mins and do some light surfing) then call them with some story. Maybe my son was playing with my phone and used a feature that he shouldn't have... and I though he might have used the "internet sharing" feature... hmmmm. then we can see if there are any charges to my account. Might work.
    Keep us posted. I'm very interested in knowing if this works.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3. ft5117's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #23  
    my active sync disconnects when the phone as modem is connected. is there a way to fix this? thanks.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Keep us posted. I'm very interested in knowing if this works.



    This isn't going to be very helpful because I don't see it as conclusive... I just got off the phone with the Sprint Rep. I explained to her what my son had so carelessly done (Connecting as a tethered device) and asked if she could tell me exactly what I might expect to see on my bill for the tethered air time. She could not see where the connection had occurred, but added that it might not show up until my billing cycle ends on the 1st. She also added that it's impossible (Ppsshyea right) to connect as a tethered phone modem without the tethered plan code on your account. She said it simply would not let you connect to the data service.

    So, like I said, it's not conclusive. It is what it is. I'll repost to this after I see my bill and check it for any "extra" charges.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor View Post
    I tried deleting the string and waiting. When you soft reset the same string reappears in the registry.

    I called Sprint earlier today about this. supposdly they have disabled ICS connections for the 800w (and possibly other devices) for the time being. They are trying to decide how to reintroduce it. The rep I spoke with was very in the know and even hinted that they MAY include some degree of tethering in the SEP plans. They are just tryingot figure out the impact of doing that.
    lol you seriously called sprint about that... WHY??????? they probably red flagged your account to watch out for this....
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor View Post
    I tried deleting the string and waiting. When you soft reset the same string reappears in the registry.

    I called Sprint earlier today about this. supposdly they have disabled ICS connections for the 800w (and possibly other devices) for the time being. They are trying to decide how to reintroduce it. The rep I spoke with was very in the know and even hinted that they MAY include some degree of tethering in the SEP plans. They are just tryingot figure out the impact of doing that.
    EDIT: I finally got mine to work. it was an ID 10 T error where I was not renaming the two values to Sprint PCS (I did not realize renaming them caused the extension string to disappear).

    My issue now (or it may just be my hardware) is that when I tether via BT I cannot get bandwith on dslreports.com/mspeed of more than 100kbit/sec. Is this a limitation of the bluetooth hardware on my laptop (Lenovo X60 tablet) or soething in one of the bluetooth stacks? No biggie since I'll mainly be using USB cable but just curious.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww View Post
    I deleted the
    HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
    Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll
    Why did you delete that string? That's not the same string mentioned to delete in the original thread linked above:

    Delete this string: Extension - isext.dll
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Why did you delete that string? That's not the same string mentioned to delete in the original thread linked above:
    It may be a different file name but it is in the same location in the registry and therefore I assume it performs the same funciton in both devices.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor View Post
    It may be a different file name but it is in the same location in the registry and therefore I assume it performs the same funciton in both devices.

    Same Here. It seems to have worked for me. Though as I said above, I cannot confirm yet if it was in fact detected by sprint when I connected.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor View Post
    It may be a different file name but it is in the same location in the registry and therefore I assume it performs the same funciton in both devices.
    As I've posted (and several others), this is correct.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller View Post
    OK, I was able to make the registry changes, and I download the Config tools, but I cannot find the option in the tools to disable phone as a modem. Anyone else have a problem with this step?
    Yeah, closest I saw was "Private Interface for Internet Sharing" I highlighted that -->menu-->connections and hit "disable" for "Power Vision," the only connection listed. That simply hosed any EVDO or connectivity.

    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww View Post
    I deleted the
    HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
    Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll
    but whenever I hit connect in the internet sharing app it pops up the Connecting dialog but never connects. It just says Dialing #777, and keeps looping. then it says cannot connect, the remote party has ended this session.

    My data works on the phone fine.
    Same here, despite multiple attempts.

    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller View Post
    Did you edit the other two strings? I didn't do the avanced config edit though I did give it a go. I just couldn't find the setting described. However, with just the edited strings above I was able to get it to work. Now, the only question is... did sprint "see" me connect when I tried it...
    Yep, strings do seem to rename themselves to Power Vision, after reset.

    So I'm pretty much at a loss. Why is this working for some but not others?
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  12. #32  
    I'm going to wait till the dust settles and see if everything comes out all right.
  13. #33  
    After doing a restore from backup and *ONLY* deleting the
    HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
    Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll
    string, this finally worked. Connected out of the gate with no issues.
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    After doing a restore from backup and *ONLY* deleting the


    string, this finally worked. Connected out of the gate with no issues.
    Hmm....I tried this and didn't work for me, I just get the looping "Connecting to: Power Vision...Dialing #777" message. Dumb question: when you say "delete the string" are you referring to deleting the "Value name" and "Value data" fields (this is what I did)? I couldn't find an option in the reg. editor to delete the whole thing...after clearing the fields it shows up as "Default" for the value name. Help is much appreciated!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    Hmm....I tried this and didn't work for me, I just get the looping "Connecting to: Power Vision...Dialing #777" message. Dumb question: when you say "delete the string" are you referring to deleting the "Value name" and "Value data" fields (this is what I did)? I couldn't find an option in the reg. editor to delete the whole thing...after clearing the fields it shows up as "Default" for the value name. Help is much appreciated!
    No, I deleted the whole thing. Using Resco Registry, it's not a menu option, you have to tap and hold on the string and it brings up it's own menu to copy, delete, etc...
    --Steve

    Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

    My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    No, I deleted the whole thing. Using Resco Registry, it's not a menu option, you have to tap and hold on the string and it brings up it's own menu to copy, delete, etc...
    whooooo!!!! Finally got it to work! Thanks for the tip!

    From a clean unit after hard reset, all I did was:
    1) D/L & install Resco Registry (trial version works) - make sure to get the registry add-in file
    2) Using registry editor: HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing.....Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll
    3) Start -> Programs -> Internet Sharing -> Connect (I'm using USB cable)

    Blazing fast! Props to EVDO rev A
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

    Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
  17. #37  
    got it to work, heres the steps I took:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33477
    Current: Pre
    SERO plan 500

    Former: 800w, 755p, 700p, 650p
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    whooooo!!!! Finally got it to work! Thanks for the tip!

    From a clean unit after hard reset, all I did was:
    1) D/L & install Resco Registry (trial version works) - make sure to get the registry add-in file
    2) Using registry editor: HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing.....Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll
    3) Start -> Programs -> Internet Sharing -> Connect (I'm using USB cable)

    Blazing fast! Props to EVDO rev A
    Thanks, I have mine up and working great.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Thanks, I have mine up and working great.
    Seems to be working like a charm for me...

    Posting from it now...

    Not blazing fast at less than 400kbps down but considering I'm only registering two bars on the signal meter on the phone I don't think it's too bad...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  20. #40  
    Bummer... I did what was posted above me, but i used PHM Reg edit to delete the file, and it did not work for some reason. I tried connecting and it showed that it was connected in network connections, but after a while it just said "The remote party has ended this connection"
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions